• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes Draft

Joao

U19 12th Man
I'll go with Craig McDermott
Damn it!!!

I am loathed to pick an Englishman, so I won't.

Michael Slater.

Really nothing in it between the best of what's left so I'll take the best to watch. Has 7 ashes hundreds so knows what its all about. Also averaged 49 against the two Ws which I was surprised about.

2. Slater
11. McGrath

Howe_zat

Audio File
surely 1981 is the obvious 1980's series and I'd also rank 82-83 and 89 above 86-87
1989 kind of represtents the same era as 93, and 82-83 I'm told had England struggling with half their first XI banned.

I thought of '81 as a classic series, but we haven't had a series down under yet, so I nominated 86-87 for variety's sake. I'd be more than happy with '81.

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
There were some very interesting series in the 80's. The thrashing of 1989, the can't bat can't bowl can't field fiasco of 86/87, Gowers' ashes of 85. But of all of them nothing can beat the legend of Bothams ashes. Even as an Aussie fan, I would of loved to have seen this series.

For round 3, the series chosen is the 1981 ashes.

Order for round 3 (reverses for round 4)

Zinzan12
Blakus
Marcuss
Teja
Nufan
Kingkallis
Himannv
Howe_zat
Joao
Michaellf7777777
Fredfertang
Shri

janetibarbosa

Cricket Spectator
Would it be more interesting than the choice of each round was limited to a specific series - the series of this tour could be fixed before the start

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gent's, since I'm first up in Rd 3, I'll pick early, as I won't be around for about 48 hrs....
Ian Botham