• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes Draft

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
With the Ashes coming up, i thought it might be time to start an appropriately themed draft.

Rules are simple. You can only select players who have played in a preselected Australia vs England test series. Each round will have a different series to choose from. 12 hours for each selection. No Bradman as I think he gives too much of an advantage to whoever gets him.

I'll select a series from each decade starting from the most recent.

Round 1 will be a series from the 2000's
Round 2 the 1990's
Round 3 the 1980's
Round 4 the 1970's
Round 5 the 1960's
Round 6 the 1950's
Round 7 the 1940's and 1930's
Round 8 the 1920's
Round 9 the 1910's and 1900's
Round 10 the 1890's
Round 11 the 1880's

Round 7 and 9 get the extra decade for obvious reasons
I'll try to pick the best or most influential series for each decade

The draft order will be randomly selected each odd round and reversed for the next.

Looking for about 12 people to participate, including me. Anyone interested?

Participants
1.Blakus
2.Howe_zat
3.Zinzan12
4.Michaelf7777777
5.Himannv
6.Fredfertang
7.Shri
8.Joao
9.Nufan
10.Kingkallis
11.Marcuss
12.Teja

Have enough people now. Entries are now closed

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would it be more interesting if the choices in each individual round were restricted to one particular series - which series applies to which round could be fixed before the start?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Would it be more interesting if the choices in each individual round were restricted to one particular series - which series applies to which round could be fixed before the start?
Great idea. So, take nominations for the series until we have 11?

Himannv

International Coach
I guess you could random pick the series as well. Can see a couple of things that might go wrong by doing this, but its for fun anyway so why not.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Is it based on performances in Ashes contests or overall career?

I haven't done a draft for a while, so I'm in.

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Edit: Btw I'm assuming your in?

Good idea. I'll select a series from each decade starting from the most recent.

Round 1 will be series from the 2000's
Round 2 the 1990's
Round 3 the 1980's
Round 4 the 1970's
Round 5 the 1960's
Round 6 the 1950's
Round 7 the 1940's and 1930's
Round 8 the 1920's
Round 9 the 1910's and 1900's
Round 10 the 1890's
Round 11 the 1880's

Round 7 and 9 get the extra decade for obvious reasons
I'll try to pick the best or most influential series for each decade

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Great stuff. Any specific selection rules I might not be aware of? Is there a general draft rules page?

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Great stuff. Any specific selection rules I might not be aware of? Is there a general draft rules page?
Just the rules already mentioned. I'll just edit in the extra stuff now, as well as the process for selection order