• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes Draft

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Overall career. Of course that doesn't stop you from picking top class Ashes performers if you want :).
Sweet, I think I might do that.

Does it have to be just the one series for the decade, with 12 of us picking one of say 25-30 players I don't think it will be as interesting as picking a player who played in an Ashes contest in the entire decade..

Howe_zat

Audio File
Personally I like the entire decade idea, but lets leave it up to Blakus.
Agreed, this is his thing. I'd rather see it restricted to one series per round, makes it more interesting when there's fewer great players on offer and you have to weigh up the dodgy picks. But maybe that's just me.

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Does it have to be just the one series for the decade, with 12 of us picking one of say 25-30 players I don't think it will be as interesting as picking a player who played in an Ashes contest in the entire decade..
I prefer drafts where you have to think and carefully weigh up your choices. Gives me the opportunity to find out about lesser known players. So I think I'll stick with the series idea

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Ok, it was pretty easy to pick the series from the 2000's. As much as I wanted to pick the drubbing of 2006-007 I just can't go past the 2005 Ashes. Still the best and most entertaining series I've ever seen.

Round order (reverse for round 2)

Himannv
Fredfertang
Joao
Kingkallis
Howe_zat
Shri
Nufan
Michaelf7777777
Zinzan12
Blakus
Teja
Marcuss

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like I'm a bit late to sign up, no trouble if spots are all fill but let me know if you need a reserve. :)