• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Team of the 2010s

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On stats alone we should have an all South African pace attack but I still think there's some question marks over Philander's record.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well stephen wasn't the only one to include Cummins. Doesn't make sense though. I wouldn't pick Steyn in the Team of the 2000's, for example and the seam bowling depth this decade is a fair bit higher.
Cummins was mentioned speculatively for the end of the decade

And yet you pick Harris who will struggle to play at all

Imbecile
Harris >>> Anderson.

When picking a "best of" team you pick guys even if they were injured a lot

Burgey

This decade has actually seen the return of the rotund cricketer to some extent. Herath, Vern, Ashwin in his current iteration. All in the reckoning for this team.

Good on 'em.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Cummins was mentioned speculatively for the end of the decade

Harris >>> Anderson.

When picking a "best of" team you pick guys even if they were injured a lot
Being able to play cricket is an important part of being a good cricketer

Any best of 2010s side that doesn’t contain Anderson is at best a troll and at worst mentally deficient. Pick whichever of those sides you want to be on and run with it.

Cheers

stephen

If we could guarantee more than 1/8 tests being played in England I'd pick Anderson. But he's not been anywhere near as good away as other bowlers this decade.

Weight of wickets is no substitute for quality. Otherwise we'd just pick the top 4 wicket takers and top 6 run scorers.

stephen

Would you pick McKenzie in a team of the 60s? Or would you pick Hall, Truman etc instead?

Starfighter

Would you pick McKenzie in a team of the 60s? Or would you pick Hall, Truman etc instead?
I would :ph34r:

Actually, I just discovered: in the sixties, McKenzie 238 at 27.91, Hall 146 at 29.1. Two of Hall's best series average-wise were in the fifties. The more you know...

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If we could guarantee more than 1/8 tests being played in England I'd pick Anderson. But he's not been anywhere near as good away as other bowlers this decade.

Weight of wickets is no substitute for quality. Otherwise we'd just pick the top 4 wicket takers and top 6 run scorers.
Name me another seamer who has spearheaded away wins in Australia and India this decade

In the interest of balance I will allow you to replace either Australia or India with England for bowlers from those two countries

I’ll wait :whistling

vcs

Name me another seamer who has spearheaded away wins in Australia and India this decade

In the interest of balance I will allow you to replace either Australia or India with England for bowlers from those two countries

I’ll wait :whistling
Philander (Australia and England)

TheJediBrah

No more than you'd pick Anderson in a team of the 2010s. That would be the simple man's choice.

You have to focus more on lop-sided stats due to conditions, or having a couple of good away-series performances amongst a whole lot of crap ones.

Burgey

Being able to play cricket is an important part of being a good cricketer

Any best of 2010s side that doesn’t contain Anderson is at best a troll and at worst mentally deficient. Pick whichever of those sides you want to be on and run with it.

Cheers
Snowflake

morgieb

Against who though.
His best batting stats come against New Zealand and Pakistan. It's true he's struggled a bit against the best opposition, but his best record comes against the middle-tier sides, he's not a minmow basher with the bat.

His bowling OTOH does rely quite a bit on favourable conditions.

Still wouldn't pick him unless you desperately needed an all-rounder.