• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Team of the 2010s

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Being generous to Shakib too actually. Most overrated player of the millennium. Only useful in Asia or against minnows like NZ.

I'd consider picking Jadeja or Lyon ahead of him.
Yeah I don't think there can be too much argument against the fact Al Hasan is a monumental myth. Would have Iqbal closer to selection in this team than him tbh.

Burgey

Shakib is there for his batting as much as his bowling. I'd rather have Herath or Yasir Shah (even with only 28 tests) than Jadeja or Lyon
Herath a very good shout actually. Not so Shah, who bowled like an 11 year old kid when he toured here tbh

OverratedSanity

Fatteh is the only overseas finger spinner to visit Australia this decade and come back with a lot of credit. I think he averaged 30-31 in that tour in 2012 which is really impressive considering he's basically a one man attack on pitches where spinners commit suicide.

Burgey

Yeah, if you aren't going to pick Ashwin (and you only would if your eyes are painted on, considering how he bowls outside the SC) it's pretty hard to argue against His Roundness.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cook
Warner
Williamson
Smith
Kohli
De Villiers
Watling/Bairstow
Cummins
Herath
Steyn
Rabada

Cummins could be replaced by Starc if you feel it necessary. Harris/Johnson both in with a strong shout as well. Clarke, Amla, Anderson, Younis all unlucky.

Burgey

Hasn't Cummins played about 10 tests? You've also left out Anderson which, as much as he's a complete knob jockey, seems a bit harsh.

Burgey

Disappointing lack of recognition for Matthew Wade here :ph34r:

Actually, Haddin would be worth a mention, though he was very much a home town performer, and very rocks and diamonds.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Anyone who posts one of these without Anderson in should be instantly banned from the forum for life, without exception.

stephen

Actually I'm going to build a new team, having looked at some stats.

Amla
Warner
Smith
Sangakkara
Kohli
De Villiers
Watling
Harris
Herath
Steyn
Rabada

TheJediBrah

Disappointing lack of recognition for Matthew Wade here :ph34r:

Actually, Haddin would be worth a mention, though he was very much a home town performer, and very rocks and diamonds.
I'd have Haddin in there tbh, though his stats aren't top tier, considering where and when and against whom he generally made his runs and the lack of opportunity he had against minnows he's about as good as anyone.

Also he's an excellent keeper and the right kind of personality you want behind the stumps. Doesn't cross the line.

morgieb

Hasn't Cummins played about 10 tests? You've also left out Anderson which, as much as he's a complete knob jockey, seems a bit harsh.
Well stephen wasn't the only one to include Cummins. Doesn't make sense though. I wouldn't pick Steyn in the Team of the 2000's, for example and the seam bowling depth this decade is a fair bit higher.

stephen

Anyone who posts one of these without Anderson in should be instantly banned from the forum for life, without exception.
The problem is that we have a lot more countries to play in than England. Same reason why Ashwin doesn't get in.

morgieb

Prior has better numbers than Bairstow, Watling, and Haddin.
What hurts Prior is that his form pretty much fell apart from about 2013 onwards. I'd prefer someone who played most of the decade.

Keeping options this decade is kinda **** though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Actually I'm going to build a new team, having looked at some stats.

Amla
Warner
Smith
Sangakkara
Kohli
De Villiers
Watling
Harris
Herath
Steyn
Rabada
You’re a dumb mother****er

YES THIS POST IS TOUGH TO INGEST

morgieb

The problem is that we have a lot more countries to play in than England. Same reason why Ashwin doesn't get in.
2010-11 Ashes? 2012 India series? The UAE? C'mon, he's had plenty of good overseas series. Not like Ashwin at all.

EDIT: Just checked, he's taken 152 wickets @ 28.86 away from England which is perfectly good. Not like his home record but it's hardly like he's a pure HTB.

Last edited: