• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Batting with a runner

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
I generally don't the mind the runner rule. Most of the time it serves it's purpose and their is more of a run out chance which the batsmen have to contend with. I really dont like it when players manipulate the rule though, really annoying to the say the least.

Himannv

International Coach
I dont have much of a problem with the use of a runner. More often than not it causes confusion for the batsmen and the fielding team will be able to take advantage a bit.

It is called the gentleman's game after all so if they are injured its fine to allow a runner. Now if it happened in Football or Rugger, I'd say get the **** up and play you ****.