• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Random Player Draft

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
With two other drafts coming to a close I've got another idea I wouldn't mind trying whereby 12 players go around in rotating draft order (1st then 2nd, then 3rd all the way through to 12th in each round so if you start 7th your position is 7, 8, 9, 10,11, 12, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6). Each round I will put every test cricketer into a random generator and the first 36 will be available for selection in that round. The teams will be judged on the best XI both in the poll and in any sim which may eventuate.

Please sign up if interested

Participants

1. Michaelf7777777
2. Himannv
3. kingkalis
4. marc71178
5. zinzan12
6. Flem274*
7. Somerset
8. Prince EWS
9. Clapo
10. Blakus
11. Hurricane
12. Matt79

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sounds interesting to me.

I also have an idea for a non-Auction draft to take up some time before weldone's auction-style draft is finished and I might then do another auction one - will post up details over the weekend.

Matt79

Global Moderator
In. Although we're having a real life random player draft in the Aussie ODI outfit as we speak.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Matt79 takes the final spot

Lets make it 12 hours until your turn is skipped.

Draft Order for Round 1 (Everyone moves down 1 spot for each subsequent round with 12th going to 1st)

Blakus
Himannv
Flem274*
marc71178
Matt79
Prince EWS
zinzan12
Somerset
Michaelf7777777
Hurricane
kingkalis
Clapo

List of available cricketers for Round 1 will be released shortly and is being worked out as we speak

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
List of Players Available for First Round Drafting

Sachin Tendulkar (Ind)
Raymond Emery (NZ)
Anwar Hossain (Ban)
Thomas Mitchell (Eng)
Bob Berry (Eng)
Sanjay Manjrekar (Ind)
Don Taylor (NZ)
Joey Carew (WI)
Maurice Tremlett (Eng)