• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mitchell Marsh vs. Kane Williamson

Who will be the bigger gun?

• Total voters

Athlai

Not Terrible
Screw all these comparing old all time greats lets compare players who have done nothing at all but promise the world!

Tomorrow's battles today.:cool:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Went for Kane more out of hope than anything. I think he may have the talent to be the better of the two, but I think the Australians will manage Marsh better and reap the rewards of that.

Flem274*

123/5
Mitchell Marsh is an allrounder isn't he? He shades it then, though Williamson's offspin is quickly going from part time to genuine FC spinner stuff.

As pure batsmen, Williamson by a long way at this stage. His extra year over Marsh really pays dividends at this age group imo.

EDIT: Read the question properly. Still makes it hard, because Australia might be on to a decent allrounder here, where Williamson is unlikely to be a main spinner unless the pitch takes turn. Williamson looks the better batsman though.

Last edited:

morgieb

Williamson's the best player right now, but I think Marsh will end up with the better career.

Polo23

International Debutant
I honestly believe Williamson is going to be massive. Of course I believe Crowe would have been easily the best batsman in recent times had he had better support around him.

Flem274*

123/5
Crowe had John Wright, Andrew Jones and Jeremy Coney tbf. What impacted his career was being brought in too early and sucking in his first two years of test cricket.

lachlan43

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Williamson will either be exposed way too much way too early and struggle, or be exposed way too much way too early and fight and flourish.

Marsh could either knock on the door for the next 15 years or he could actually make it and do well.

I think the latter will happen for both, but that Marsh will end up with the better career.

vcs

Voted Williamson, for the simple reason that I haven't seen Marsh.

Top_Cat

Williamson but agree Marsh is likely to be developed better in Australia's system.

Polo23

International Debutant
Crowe had John Wright, Andrew Jones and Jeremy Coney tbf. What impacted his career was being brought in too early and sucking in his first two years of test cricket.
He hardly had Jones with him for any great length of time and Wright and Jones while being good, were hardly world beaters.

Our pitches completely sucking back then didn't help either, along with being brought in too early obviously.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Liked how Kanie played vs Deshi's. Has a lot to improve, but I bet he will. Hope he gets to play in the test series.

Haven't seen much of Marsh tbh, so my vote goes for Kane anyways.

Howsie

International Captain
I honestly believe Williamson is going to be massive.
Yeah I'm the same. A rare talent with a good technique who has a thirst for runs usually equals something special, I honestly believe he could go on to become New Zealand's greatest batsmen if not cricketer. Yeah, yeah it's been said before but I reckon he'll be different, New Zealand's due another once in a generation batsmen.

So with that said I voted for Mitchell Marsh :ph34r:

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
What I find hilarious is Sinclair still averages five more runs than Williamson domestically (discounting tests).

Obviously an all time great lost to us forever.:ph34r:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Mitchell Marsh is an allrounder isn't he? He shades it then, though Williamson's offspin is quickly going from part time to genuine FC spinner stuff.

As pure batsmen, Williamson by a long way at this stage. His extra year over Marsh really pays dividends at this age group imo.

EDIT: Read the question properly. Still makes it hard, because Australia might be on to a decent allrounder here, where Williamson is unlikely to be a main spinner unless the pitch takes turn. Williamson looks the better batsman though.
Marsh's pace bowling isn't much better than Williamson's off spin at the moment at all, tbh.

Williamson's definitely the better cricketer at the moment. Don't really have an opinion as to who will end up better in the long run, though.

Howsie

International Captain
Marsh can crank up a rather decent pace though can't he? Does he do anything with the ball?