• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mitchell Marsh vs. Kane Williamson

Who will be the bigger gun?

• Total voters

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Marsh can crank up a rather decent pace though can't he? Does he do anything with the ball?
Marsh generally operates at about 130 but he can crank it up upwards of 140 when he really puts his all in. He shapes it away a bit but his accuracy and consistency lets him down.

It's pretty similar to Williamson's bowling if you ignore the fact that they bowl completely different styles - very good mechanics, do a bit with it, look dangerous but generally very raw and not that effective so far. Marsh is a little bit better, but there's not much in it IMO. I have a lot of time for Williamson's tweakers.

Athlai

Not Terrible
A few years later and it looks like Kane is a properly developed international cricketer.

Whats happening with Marsh these days?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A few years later and it looks like Kane is a properly developed international cricketer.

Whats happening with Marsh these days?
Still battling away in the Shield. Reckon his bowling > batting right now.

Geoff must be ashamed in how softcocky his sons are.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Whenever a thread like this gets dug up and I see the little icon to indicate I posted in it, I'm excited to be reminded of where I sat a few years ago.

Disappointingly, had splinters on my arse on this occasion:

Williamson's definitely the better cricketer at the moment. Don't really have an opinion as to who will end up better in the long run, though.
Did vote for Kane, but on the extremely obvious reasoning of him being better at the time. Way to stick your neck out, Cribbage.

Flem274*

123/5
weird comparison. marsh is an allrounder. he must have been very batting dominant when this thread started.

Zinzan

Fine dig. well & truly transpired into a one horse race didn't it..... Mitchell who ?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I just am about to vote for Marsh, reckon he'll come good, and he doesn't chuck.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Marsh still has all the promise in the world tbh, just needs to get his body right. He's going to be a gun IMO.

Not KW levels of gun though, obviously.

TheJediBrah

Mitch Marsh is well and truly past it. I expect great things to come from brother though, the up and coming youngster Shaun.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Marsh still has all the promise in the world tbh, just needs to get his body right. He's going to be a gun IMO.

Not KW levels of gun though, obviously.
understatement of the generation