• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

16th Asian Games, Guangzhou 2010

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Women’s Tournament:
Group A
:
Pakistan
Thailand
China
Malaysia

Group B:
Bangladesh
Hong Kong
Japan
Nepal

Fixtures:
Nov 13th:
Match 01: China v Malaysia
Match 02: Japan v Nepal

Nov 14th:
Match 03: Pakistan v Thailand
Match 04: Bangladesh v Hong Kong

Nov 15th
:
Match 05: Winner (M1) v Winner (M3)
Match 06: Winner (M2) v Winner (M4)

Nov 16th:
Match 07: Loser (M1) v Loser (M3)
Match 08: Loser (M2) v Loser (M4)

Nov 17th:
Match 09: Loser (M5) v Winner (M7)
Match 10: Loser (M6) v Winner (M8)

Nov 18th:
Match 11: Semi Final 1: Winner (M6) v Winner (M9)
Match 12: Semi Final 2: Winner (M5) v Winner (M10)

Nov 19th:
Match 13: Bronze Playoff: Loser (SF1) v Loser (SF2)
Match 14: Gold & Silver Playoff: Winner (SF1) v Winner (SF2)

Men's Tournament:
Group C:
Malaysia
China

Group D:
Hong Kong
Nepal
Maldives

Group E:
Sri Lanka
Afghanistan
Winner (Group C)
Runner-Up (Group C)

Group F:
Pakistan
Bangladesh
Winner (Group D)
Runner-Up (Group D)

Fixtures:
Nov 21st:
Match 01: China v Malaysia
Match 02: Hong Kong v Nepal

Nov 22nd:
Match 03: Quarter Final 1: Pakistan v Loser (M1)
Match 04: Maldives v Nepal

Nov 23rd
:
Match 05: Quarter Final 2: Bangladesh v Winner (M1)
Match 06: Hong Kong v Maldives

Nov 24th:
Match 07: Quarter Final 3: Afghanistan v Winner (Group D)
Match 08: Quarter Final 4: Sri Lanka v Runner-Up (Group D)

Nov 25th:
Match 09: Semi Final 1: Winner (M3) v Winner (M7)
Match 10: Semi Final 2: Winner (M5) v Winner (M8)

Nov 26th:
Match 11: Bronze Playoff: Loser (SF1) v Loser (SF2)
Match 12: Gold & Silver Playoff: Winner (SF1) v Winner (SF2)

:happybday

Bonnie Prince C

U19 12th Man
Should be good to see some of the up and coming nations in this. Any reason India and Sri Lanka don't have any teams in this?

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Should be good to see some of the up and coming nations in this. Any reason India and Sri Lanka don't have any teams in this?
Sri Lanka has Men's team. India have prior International commitments (That's the excuse given).

My pick of the tournament would be to see Afghanistan Vs Pak/B.Desh..

Bonnie Prince C

U19 12th Man
Sri Lanka has Men's team. India have prior International commitments (That's the excuse given).

My pick of the tournament would be to see Afghanistan Vs Pak/B.Desh..
So they do when I saw Pakistan and Bangladesh were the final 2 men's teams I presumed they hadn't.

Would have thought a tournament like this would be an ideal tournament for an A to represent or even an Unders team.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
So they do when I saw Pakistan and Bangladesh were the final 2 men's teams I presumed they hadn't.

Would have thought a tournament like this would be an ideal tournament for an A to represent or even an Unders team.
Howz Cricket in Scotland? Any interesting developments?

Bonnie Prince C

U19 12th Man
Howz Cricket in Scotland? Any interesting developments?
Well it is great to see us in the Intercontinental final again and some decent young guys coming through. Interested to see how Matthew Parker does over the coming years, played a bit of cricket against him.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Well it is great to see us in the Intercontinental final again and some decent young guys coming through. Interested to see how Matthew Parker does over the coming years, played a bit of cricket against him.
O gud to knw u play cricket. Any new stadiums or something? Is Cricket part of next Common Wealth Games?

Bonnie Prince C

U19 12th Man
O gud to knw u play cricket. Any new stadiums or something? Is Cricket part of next Common Wealth Games?
Nothing that I am aware of, not really any demand for it.
As much as I would have liked to have seen it no. Not really surprised though, I don't think it would have been very well attended and Glasgow weather would most certainly wash it out.

cricman

International 12th Man
Don't know much about this Pakistani Side

Pakistan Squad: Khalid Latif (capt), Sharjeel Khan, Sheharyar Ghani, Azeem Ghumman, Akbarur Rehman, Naeem Uddin, Naeem Anjum, Usman Qadir, Sarmad Bhatti, Aizaz Cheema, Lal Kumar, Muhammad Irshad, Raza Hassan, Bilawal Bhatti, Jalat Khan.
Capped Players, a True A Squad

Sri Lanka squad: Jeewantha Kulatunga, Malinga Bandara, Kaushalya Weeraratne, Chinthaka Jayasinghe, Indika de Saram, Nuwan Zoysa, Dilhara Lokuhettige, Kaushal Lokuarachchi, Dilshan Munaweera, Hasantha Fernando, T M Sampath, Gihan Rupasinghe, Kushal Janith, Mahela Udawatta, Isuru Udana, Gayan Wijekoon, Jehan Mubarak, Tharanga Lak****ha, Sajeewa Weerakoon and Dilruwan Perera.

Bangladeshi Men, Capped Players here, Another True A Squad
Mohammad Ashraful (capt), Md Shamsur Rahman (vice-capt), Md Naeem Islam, Faisal Hossain, Kazi Shahadat Hossain, Mahbubul Alam, Nazmul Hossain, Mohammed Nazim Uddin, Md Sohrawordi, Dollar Mahmud, Rony Talakder, Md Nasir Hossain, Md Mithun, Md Shabbir Rahman and Shuvagata Hom Chowdhury.
Bangladeshi Women, Salma Can Bat she scored 90 vs India and a Match Winning 53* vs Pakistan, Champa is the wild card, w/ her Legspin It wont be tested vs Associates. I Guess the Womens Side is Set up for Bangladesh vs Pakistan Final

WOMEN'S SQUAD

Salma Khatun (capt), Panna Ghosh (vice-capt), Ayesha Akter, Sathira Jakir (Jesy), Suktara Rahman, Lata Mondol, Farjana Hoque Pinky, Rumana Ahmed, Champa Chakma, Tithi Rani Sarkar, Jahanara Alam, Tazia Akhter, Chameli Khatun, Mina Khatun, Mona Sultana and Yasmin Boishakhi.
The Men's Side is set up for a Afgan/Pakistan Semi and Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka as the other Semi

Last edited:

jashan83

U19 Captain
Great going laksh. Thanks for keeping us updated beyond the test world :). Sad that India is not sending any teams. I do not understand why BCCI is so greedy.

Before Asian Games, another cricket tournament WCL Division8 will start on 6th Nov. I have started a thread for the same. Do check that.

Xuhaib

International Coach
with Pak A in West indies this is more like Pak B side though bit surprised guys like Ghumman have been sent to this rather then Windies.

jashan83

U19 Captain
with Pak A in West indies this is more like Pak B side though bit surprised guys like Ghumman have been sent to this rather then Windies.
If itplays to it's full potential even a Pak B team can win gold, easily defeat teams like BD or Afg.

jashan83

U19 Captain
Chinese women really stared well. They defeated Malaysia convincingly. They just started playing like 3 years ago. What a rate of improvement. I m impressed. You never know withing 8 years they might be knocking the door on big guys. I women I see that happening even earlier.

Rest Japan defeated Nepal, rather thrashed them. Totally surprised by it:unsure: Are Nepal so bad or Japan so good that they defeat Nepal.

In the third match as expected Pak thrashed Thailand

juro

U19 12th Man
I see on the ACC website that the Chinese women have scraped home against Thailand by 1 run. I hope the crowd enjoyed it!

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
I see on the ACC website that the Chinese women have scraped home against Thailand by 1 run. I hope the crowd enjoyed it!
I hope they understood the situation to enjoy it... Acc should have printed the game rules with the ticket to educate the locals. Would have helped a lot.

juro

U19 12th Man
Give them a decent scoreboard showing the number of runs required, the number of balls remaining, and pretty much anyone on the planet should be able to appreciate the situation. You don't need to know all the rules to enjoy the game!