Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 16th Asian Games, Guangzhou 2010

U19 Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post
    Nah, you misunderstood me. What I am saying is that Ijaz Butt is answerable to only Asif Ali Zardari, who as you rightly mention, is not the most honest man around himself. This means Ijaz Butt runs the whole show, and there is little Javed Miandad can do about it.

agree re:Javed he can be many things but match fixing is not something I would associate him with.

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jashan83 View Post
    Faisal though you are from Pakistan and would have a better idea, but all the fact there is one fact that makes my thought absolutely sure

Whole match fixing racket is controlled by Mr Dawood Ibrahim, the Mafia Don. Miandad was always very close to him. This closeness lead them to become relatives. Don's daughter is the wife of our cricketers Son. So it wouldn't be very easy to be in that camp. I am rather very sure of that. And about his influence, he has been a selector, coach and still has lot of influence.
    His association with Dawood Ibrahim and the marrying of his son to his daughter in no way says that Miandad is in to fixing himself or using his powers to involve in such deeds.

Javed is the guy who told Imran on the eve of WC1992 final that around 3-4 of his batsmen he suspects have fixed the game and are going to throw there wicket away. Based on this info Imran acted to promote himself ahead of all others with Miandad to setup that match winning partnership.

People say a lot of things about Miandad being this or that, but as far as my understanding is as a devout Pak cricket follower Miandad has never been even implicated in match fixing scandals let alone being down right part of it.
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    No major nation took it seriously, that's the only reason so many "shocks" happened. I fear you're the one who needs to open his eyes.
    Ya keep thinking this way n keep watching same srilanka vs new zealand matches again, again n again. One day U will be responsible for not thinking out of the box n for the criticism that cricket is some boring game played again n again between 10 countries. Given the limited resources these nations have played out of their skins. Shame that Test nations n their supporters like u couldn't see wat I see - CRICKET A GLOBAL GAME. Not taking it seriously is not the mistake of these nations but the Test Nations. Taking seriously wat could Pakistan do in 2007 WC? get knocked out by Ireland? If u see every, each n every cricket world cup till date gotta an upset in it. Nobody expects South Africa or New Zealand to win Fifa world cup but still they get gud support from other members. Same goes to teams in Rugby, damn cricket is the only sport which survives for statistics n records than globalization. Shame on all of u for not welcoming these emerging nations in spite of so much struggle they face n still want to embrace the game. Now that's passion which most of the Test nations sold for money.
    Last edited by laksh_01; 26-11-2010 at 12:02 PM.
    Friends, I've started a group for all the WCL fans on facebook. So, who ever is interested pls join... Search "Non-Test Cricket Playing Nations!" in facebook. Thanks...

Cricket Is The Best Sport On Earth, It Deserves More Respect, More Partispating Nations & More Fans. Lets Do Our Best To Spread The Game, Friends.

<<<<<LAKSH>>>>>

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by laksh_01 View Post
    Ya keep thinking this way n keep watching same srilanka vs new zealand matches again, again n again. One day U will be responsible for not thinking out of the box n for the criticism that cricket is some boring game played again n again between 10 countries. Given the limited resources these nations have played out of their skins. Shame that Test nations n their supporters like u couldn't see wat I see - CRICKET A GLOBAL GAME. Not taking it seriously is not the mistake of these nations but the Test Nations. Taking seriously wat could Pakistan do in 2007 WC? get knocked out by Ireland? If u see every, each n every cricket world cup till date gotta an upset in it. Nobody expects South Africa or New Zealand to win Fifa world cup but still they get gud support from other members. Same goes to teams in Rugby, damn cricket is the only sport which survives for statistics n records than globalization. Shame on all of u for not welcoming these emerging nations in spite of so much struggle they face n still want to embrace the game. Now that's passion which most of the Test nations sold for money.
    I am sorry, but how exactly are the test nations selling themselves for money ? Full credit to the smaller nations for doing well, but you cannot deny that they were helped by not having to face stronger sides. Would Afghanistan have beaten a full strength Pakistani side, even in T20 ? Highly unlikely.

It is a bit like Bangladesh beating that joke of a West Indies side recently. On paper, it was a test series win against an established side; but in reality, it was a test series win against a team full of newbies.

U19 Captain
    It is high time to have a Extended Asia cup with 8 teams. The 8 teams can be

Group A
    SL
    BD
    Afg
    UAE

Group B
    Ind
    Pak
    Nep
    HK

or atleast have a 6 Nation South Asia Cup.
    SL
    Ind
    Pak
    BD
    Afg
    Nep

Make it round robin. It will be hugely popular everywhere

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laksh_01 View Post
    Your idea is correct over all about how ICC is over-regulating and making it hard for the game to become more Global. The new World Cup setup as well as the lack of attention it is paying to the emerging nations.

But at the same time it is also true that the event itself in terms of cricketing competitiveness was lacking because the 1st choice teams did not participate. Nevertheless, the domestic players who are at the verge of national selection for the national sides or the players who have already played international cricket participating in the tournament i.e. Khalid Latif from Pak should have made the difference.

I think Pak still had enough strength to beat any side in this tournament and were hard to be beaten by Afghanistan. Therefore, it is not a mean achievement on Afghanistan's part to actually thump Pak...

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    Nope.
    Maybe my eyes were deceiving me when I read there was celebrations for the Women's Team winning Gold

I see cricinfo are running a poll at the moment:

Should India have taken part in the Asian Games cricket event?
    * Yes, even if they'd sent a team of juniors
    * No, the calendar is overcrowded anyway
    * The Asian Games is better as a training ground for non-Test countries

It will be interesting to see the results...

Quote Originally Posted by cricman View Post
    Maybe my eyes were deceiving me when I read there was celebrations for the Women's Team winning Gold
    women the key word there.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information