• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Need Some help with this!

pml5583

Cricket Spectator
I have inherited a cricket bat made for Jack Hobbs and signed by at least 30 players including Hobbs and Donald Bradman. All signatures are in fountain pen. Can someone help me out as to where I might be able to see what its worth? Thanks.....Pete

I"ve found out the entire England team, South African team, and most of the Australian team signed this bat during the 1955 when England played South Africa when both teams toured Australia. Im going to try to upload pictures for everyone to see. Thanks.....Pete

Here is the link to the pics for this bat. Thanks again.... Pete

http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i390/ebase57/Cricket bat/

Last edited:

pml5583

Cricket Spectator
no really it was my uncles and just wondering about it. Anything would be appreciated that would help me out. I do have pictures I can email!

pml5583

Cricket Spectator
I understand that. i do have no paperwork on this item. Signatures look about 50 years old though.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I have inherited a cricket bat made for Jack Hobbs and signed by at least 30 players including Hobbs and Donald Bradman. All signatures are in fountain pen. Can someone help me out as to where I might be able to see what its worth? Thanks.....Pete
A website where sneaky advertising isn't permitted?

lachlan43

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
You'd be crazy to sell it unless you had some dire financial difficulties. I'd be buried with it if it was mine.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
post your pictures as attachments to this thread so that we can see the quality of the bat and the signatures, also can you get a close up of the Don's signature.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
..... and by, I don't think, coincidence, this has just gone up on ebay - seven days time and we'll know the value of Pete's bat

kingkallis

International Coach
Awesome man awesome!

If it is [ It looks good ] genuine then believe me you can fetch a good amount of this bat.

Ask your uncle if he is interested in selling it with the original grip?