• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatbatch: New Zealand played like dicks

Flem274*

123/5
New Zealand news: Blunt coach Mark Greatbatch blasts New Zealand for Bangladesh loss | New Zealand Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

"When you play badly like that you've got to front up," Greatbatch told LiveSPORT. "It's very devastating. We played like dicks really and I suppose there's one positive thing, we've got a chance next week to actually put it right.

"I think some [of the top order] aren't good enough. I think some think they are better than they are and the third one I think is the mind. We've got to get our mind right and sometimes that requires patience, sometimes it requires being aggressive. What it requires is actually sorting out the cricket smarts and weighing up the situation that you're playing in and we've got some work to do in all those areas."
:laugh:

Howsie

International Captain
I think some [of the top order] aren't good enough. I think some think they are better than they are and the third one I think is the mind. We've got to get our mind right and sometimes that requires patience, sometimes it requires being aggressive. What it requires is actually sorting out the cricket smarts and weighing up the situation that you're playing in and we've got some work to do in all those areas
I wonder who he's talking about there :laugh:

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Their bowling lacked length and their batting didn't quite have the amount of strokes needed to achieve a good result imo

irottev

U19 Cricketer
They werren't really getting in. Was very much a case of get in and get out.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Without wanting to point fingers at anyone in particular, they really ****ed up.