• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Independent Test Umpires - is this really necessary?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I definitely favour neutral umpires but it does seem a slight in consistency that home umpires are allowed to stand in limited overs internationals, but not tests.

I, like I suspect most of us, regard them of less importance than tests, but the principle is the same, surely?
Yea, but as you say, no one ever gives a crap about ODIs outside of the WC (and many don't care even then). And in WC, I think you have neutral umpires.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
ICC should train up umpires from non cricketing nations so they have to umpire neutral tests.

Honestly with UDRS I don't mind 1 home umpire per Test.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Haha, can imagine the cries of jilted fans, "Oh, he knew that they'd run out of appeals so now he could cheat and get away with it."