• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in Australia 2010

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Today SL plays a tour match with QLD.

SL XI against QLD: WU Tharanga, LD Chandimal, CK Kapugedera, KC Sangakkara, LPC Silva, AD Mathews, BMAJ Mendis, NLTC Perera, KMDN Kulasekara, S Randiv,
KTGD Prasad

Murali, Mahela, Dilshan and Malinga are rested for the match.

ATM, SL 2/72 with Sanga and Kapugedara batting

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will be interesting to see how Mendis goes on those pitches, could enjoy the extra bounce.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
This Mendis is not Ajantha Mendis FTR. This fellow is Jeewan Mendis, a slow bowling all rounder who bats left handed and bowls leg spin.

BTW, can mods make the thread sticky, bcause the ,atches will start within one week from now on.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
SL 2/117, Sanga 48* and Kapugedara 35*.

Only problem is if Kapu scores, he'll be retained in the side. Possibly the worst ODI batsman to play 50 matches.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This Mendis is not Ajantha Mendis FTR. This fellow is Jeewan Mendis, a slow bowling all rounder who bats left handed and bowls leg spin.

BTW, can mods make the thread sticky, bcause the ,atches will start within one week from now on.
Oh, OK.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
AUS should continue to rest key players for these ODIs & try out the young talent in this series. Much rather the boys be playing FC cricket before the Ashes.

Matt79

Global Moderator
WTF. We're playing ODIs against SL in between now and the Ashes? When was this decided? Mad bit of scheduling.

Spark

Global Moderator
AUS should continue to rest key players for these ODIs & try out the young talent in this series. Much rather the boys be playing FC cricket before the Ashes.
Agree with this. Johnson especially would benefit more (as in get more bowling in) in an FC environment IMO.

Days of Grace

International Captain
What's the Australian player's internet meter reading for this ODI series just before the Ashes?

I read 0.5/10

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
100 for the captain. Not sure why they are resting Mendis or indeed Murali nowadays, might as well get your pint of blood out of him before he goes for good. If it is the same Aus side currently in India, your gotta fancy Sri Lanka in this series. Hopefully Tharanga fails (more than likely) and Jaya is back for the WC.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
SL 5/235 - Saga out for a century. Expected Mathews to play well, but has got out very cheaply.

smash84

The Tiger King
SL 5/235 - Saga out for a century. Expected Mathews to play well, but has got out very cheaply.
My God Sanga played well. He hit five 6s and ten 4s. The Australian grounds are bigger than the other grounds right?????

It would be great if SL can win or draw the series.Aus are obv not at their strongest and SL have a fairly decent side.It won't be easy without Murali,big time pressure on Sanga and Mahela.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
It would be great if SL can win or draw the series.Aus are obv not at their strongest and SL have a fairly decent side.It won't be easy without Murali,big time pressure on Sanga and Mahela.
Murali is part of the squad. He has not yet retired from ODIs

Murali is part of the squad. He has not yet retired from ODIs
yeah,I was talking about the tests.SL need Murali in tests more than they do in odis.The great man should reconsider-he can play for another 2 years quite easily.He has the biggest trophy in odi in his kitty,it's a test series win in aus-
sa that is missing.

Edit -just saw it is only an odi series,not a full tour.My mistake...

Last edited:

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
He'd rather go for a another WC mate. SL is having about four promising spinners, all now experianced in th game ready to be used in tests. Herath, we all know about him, A. Mendis have been bit off the mark these days, Randiv and Senanayake (one in my avatar) are at the top of their game. Murali will be missed, but I think no pint in playing a 38-yr old injury prone bowler who runs the risk of injuring him self middle of a match. He was great, but now it's time to move forward. He should continue till WC in ODIs and then can call it a day there as well.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Sri Lanka having a good hitout. The only benefit of playing Queensland though is to face some decent pace bowling, the rest of the Queensland outfit is woeful.

Care factor for this series is very low. I don't expect the public to care too much, and attendances to be low. The summer of Cricket in Australia never feels real until ball one in the 1st Test at the Gabba.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Sri Lanka having a good hitout. The only benefit of playing Queensland though is to face some decent pace bowling, the rest of the Queensland outfit is woeful.

Care factor for this series is very low. I don't expect the public to care too much, and attendances to be low. The summer of Cricket in Australia never feels real until ball one in the 1st Test at the Gabba.
Yeah will be very surprised if there's much crowd at all. The public don't really take much notice until the end of November.