• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most exciting batsman to watch

Xuhaib

International Coach
Lara and Sehwag on about equal, Gilly a close second.

I am sure some of our older generation will have Viv on their list.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tendulkar was hands down the most exciting batsman to watch for me in the 90's, only starting watching a lot more of Lara whenever possible after I saw that 153*.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sachin in the 90s was exciting.

Still find him incredibl exciting in ODIs (his Hyderabad knock in 2009 and his 200* vs. South Africa were amazing ODI knocks!).

His test batting has obviously mellowed, but in such a way that I love watching it. I wouldn't say it excites me like Lara and Sehwag do. I am more in awe of his genius.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sachin in the 90s was exciting.

Still find him incredibl exciting in ODIs (his Hyderabad knock in 2009 and his 200* vs. South Africa were amazing ODI knocks!).

His test batting has obviously mellowed, but in such a way that I love watching it. I wouldn't say it excites me like Lara and Sehwag do. I am more in awe of his genius.
Yes, but he was even better in WC '03. Also in the '90s, Sharjah '98, WC '96 and many many more.

Jacknife

International Captain
Most of the obvious ones have been mentioned,but I'd add KP to the list when on form, there's not too many batsman I'd prefer to watch smash bowling attacks to all parts than him.

kingkallis

International Coach
Top 10 I watched :

Brian Charles Lara
AB de Villiers
VVS Laxman
Damien Martyn
Ricky Ponting
Sachin Tendulkar
Mohammad Azharuddin
Aravinda de Silva
Virender Sehwag