• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Marshall and Joyce selected for India tour

Flem274*

123/5
Ireland: Ed Joyce and Hamish Marshall named in touring party | Ireland Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

Ireland have got them in the tour party, and are asking for special compensation so they can play in the World Cup.

They're easily the best of the associates now with those two in the middle order. The fielding will be even better with Marshall in the unit as well. Would you guys like to take his brother?:ph34r:

Porterfield
Stirling
Marshall
Joyce
Botha
KO'Brien
NO'Brien

etc etc

Pretty gun batting order.

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
We could easily put Cusack on that list also, he is just back from injury, @Flem, do you think they will be allowed to play in the World Cup?,

as for his Brother, I heard he's too good for you to let go :D,

and also Marshall holds an Irish Passport, is his Dad/Mom Irish?, just wondering how he got it...

Last edited:

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
The way the ICC is going atm I dont think theyll let them play, that could allow for development of cricket outside of the US and China:ph34r:. But also, is Ireland in India's group? This may sway it as the BCCI wouldn't want to increase there risk of losing to a minnow again

Flem274*

123/5
Ireland are progressing faster than Bangladesh over the course of their rise to prominence tbh. Bangladesh are the better side but it's good to see Ireland looking stronger each year.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I really hope Joyce gets approval to play.

Marshall, I don't see why he should get his qualification cut down.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I really hope Joyce gets approval to play.

Marshall, I don't see why he should get his qualification cut down.
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. I hope Marshall gets his qualification cut down anyway just because it'd be interesting, but I don't really think he should.

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
Well Joyce should just be let in, the guy was born here and is a huge boost for us, I think he is the first Irish man to reach 10,000 First-class runs,

and yeah Ireland are in India's group, we play them for our third game...

Flem274*

123/5
If Hamish Marshall ever regains his old form, things could get interesting. Playing for a developing side and being one of the bigger batsmen in it could boost his confidence, which was torn to shreds under Bracewell when he was picked game after game despite being in the form slump of his life.

He's also been doing some opening in domestic cricket lately, but I think he'll slot in at three. No need to disturb the Porterfield/Stirling partnership atm.

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
If Hamish Marshall ever regains his old form, things could get interesting. Playing for a developing side and being one of the bigger batsmen in it could boost his confidence, which was torn to shreds under Bracewell when he was picked game after game despite being in the form slump of his life.

He's also been doing some opening in domestic cricket lately, but I think he'll slot in at three. No need to disturb the Porterfield/Stirling partnership atm.
I think it will be Joyce at three and Marshall at four, then they could leave Joyce at four to help hold the middle order together...

Flem274*

123/5
Fair point. They're probably interchangeable, though Joyce could also open if really needed as well due to injuries or something.

I liked the cut of his jib back in the 2007 Commonwealth Bank Series.

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
Fair point. They're probably interchangeable, though Joyce could also open if really needed as well due to injuries or something.

I liked the cut of his jib back in the 2007 Commonwealth Bank Series.
Cut of his jib?,

Ireland v New Zealand at Nagpur on February 12th should be a good game...

Flem274*

123/5
Cut of his jib?,

Ireland v New Zealand at Nagpur on February 12th should be a good game...
Means he looked reliable.

Heh, two sides that suck in the subcontinent going at it. The spinners should dominate that game.

If Hamish Marshall scores a match winning century the reaction down here would be priceless.

We will win though.:p

King Pietersen

International Captain
Ireland: Ed Joyce and Hamish Marshall named in touring party | Ireland Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

Ireland have got them in the tour party, and are asking for special compensation so they can play in the World Cup.

They're easily the best of the associates now with those two in the middle order. The fielding will be even better with Marshall in the unit as well. Would you guys like to take his brother?:ph34r:

Porterfield
Stirling
Marshall
Joyce
Botha
KO'Brien
NO'Brien

etc etc

Pretty gun batting order.
Just imagine how much more impressive it'd be with Eoin Morgan in-place of Botha. They'd have a genuinely good International batting line-up.

Flem274*

123/5
Just imagine how much more impressive it'd be with Eoin Morgan in-place of Botha. They'd have a genuinely good International batting line-up.
Just need test status and some random from South Africa to bowl in tandem with Rankin, West and Dockrell and they're set.:ph34r:

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Not entirely happy with Marshall being in the team tbh.

Firstly it seems very out of the blue, and secondly I cant remember the last time he did anything signifcant. My last memories of the bloke are not particularly flattering. Pretty sure Botha > him.

Still, never know.