• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Marshall and Joyce selected for India tour

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
Didn't Phil Simmons think that Kyle McCallan could come back for the World Cup, now that would really be big news for us,

@KP, we can only wish to have Morgan back :), let England have him for The Ashes, then he can come back to us :D...

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Not entirely happy with Marshall being in the team tbh.

Firstly it seems very out of the blue, and secondly I cant remember the last time he did anything signifcant. My last memories of the bloke are not particularly flattering. Pretty sure Botha > him.

Still, never know.
As much as I never really rated Hamish Marshall, and as much as I've always been a fan of Botha, there's absolutely no question that Marshall's the much better batsman. He's averaged in the high 30s the last two county seasons and he averaged 60 last season in New Zealand.

Flem274*

123/5
As much as I never really rated Hamish Marshall, and as much as I've always been a fan of Botha, there's absolutely no question that Marshall's the much better batsman. He's averaged in the high 30s the last two county seasons and he averaged 60 last season in New Zealand.
He averaged 60 down here? WAC. I'm checking how many games he played. First time in ages he's done anything domestically down here.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Marshall ---> Ireland?

Much like the Tasman brain drain, this defection improves both Ireland and New Zealand's playing pool. :ph34r:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Ridiculous that Hamish Marshall can represent Ireland. ICC should apply FIFA rules and once you are “capped” at representative level, say the U19 WC, then that’s your lot. Eoin Morgan wanted to play test cricket, well George Weah wanted to play in a World Cup, tough ****.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ridiculous that Hamish Marshall can represent Ireland. ICC should apply FIFA rules and once you are “capped” at representative level, say the U19 WC, then that’s your lot. Eoin Morgan wanted to play test cricket, well George Weah wanted to play in a World Cup, tough ****.
One could argue that it's revenge for England stealing Joyce and Morgan. And Joyce is more Irish than half the players in the side.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fair enough. Marshall has already played for NZ and is only elegible for Ireland by heritage. Joyce on the other hand is actually Irish.

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
Well I was surprised by the decision, I felt that they would say no to both of them, but I'm darn happy that one of them is there, and it's Joyce :)...

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
Ed Joyce has his first game back and scores 68,

Invitational XI 257-7 (45 overs)

Ireland XI 258-8 (44.2 overs),

Ireland has a training camp in India at the moment, The squad will be based at the Pune Sports Club from November 1 to 22,

great to see him back and making runs :)...

chicane

State Captain
The way the ICC is going atm I dont think theyll let them play, that could allow for development of cricket outside of the US and China:ph34r:. But also, is Ireland in India's group? This may sway it as the BCCI wouldn't want to increase there risk of losing to a minnow again
Haha. Imagine the BCCI doing a risk analysis while deciding whether to allow Hamish Marshall and Ed Joyce to play.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Ed Joyce has his first game back and scores 68,

Invitational XI 257-7 (45 overs)

Ireland XI 258-8 (44.2 overs),

Ireland has a training camp in India at the moment, The squad will be based at the Pune Sports Club from November 1 to 22,

great to see him back and making runs :)...

Who were they playing? Can you find a scorecard?