• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Bowling Action

smash84

The Tiger King
Good bowling actions inspire youngsters to try and imitate the bowler. Who in your opinion had the best bowling action. I really liked bowling actions with a high jump at the crease..

some good actions over the years

Imran Khan
Kapil Dev
Waqar Younis
A relatively unknown guy from SL, Wickremasinghe, he had a lovely bowling action
Jason Gillespie

What do you guys think????

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I loved Wickremasinghe, both for his name and action. Got an awful lot of stick whenever he bowled though. Oh well.

As for my favourite actions, Holding and Bond.

smash84

The Tiger King
I loved Wickremasinghe, both for his name and action. Got an awful lot of stick whenever he bowled though. Oh well.

As for my favourite actions, Holding and Bond.
Yeah he had a nice ring to his name too. I think it was Pramodya Wickremasinghe.

And yes you are right. He did get a lot of stick every time :)

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Allan Donald was always special.

Among spinners I liked Saqlain Mushtaq. His action exuded confidence. And he could go wide of the crease, bowl from much short of the bowling line, without affecting his length.

lockton2skipper

U19 Debutant
of current bowlers RP singh of india is very fluent of course donald and bond, terry alderman was very smooth and a certain richard hadlee.

Burgey

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
McGrath - deadly accurate and rarely got injured. Could move it around.

Doesn't get much better really.

Actions that stand out though are Donald, Lillee, Thommo (although I wouldn't urge kids to try to copy Thommo's action), Akhtar, Warne, Hadlee and many others mentioned already.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

McG's the best for mine, athletic and economical but got enough pace and bounce.

Waqar's the ***iest.

Last edited: