• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most exciting bowler to watch

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm as big a Kumble fan as you can get but even I fail to see what was exciting about his bowling. Dernbach and Hauritz also very strange mentions

smash84

The Tiger King
I am not sure I recall any ODI bowler who has been as **** as dernbach and who has played so many matches

He is even worse than Ishant and Sami put into one. Ok, maybe not as bad

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I am not sure I recall any ODI bowler who has been as **** as dernbach and who has played so many matches

He is even worse than Ishant and Sami put into one. Ok, maybe not as bad
Can't say I disagree with you. I hadn't paid any notice to Eng's T20 squad and nearly spat my coffee all over the lounge last night when I saw his name on the team sheet.......was certain we were done with him.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Gary Brent's slower ball was pretty hard to spot; his idea was to bowl his stock ball at that pace as well so there was almost literally no difference. Genius.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Given the choices already named mine are not exactly unusual -- Waqar and Donald. Caddick is a good shout as he had the additional excitement of never knowing if he was going to bowl like an Ambrose/Marshall combo or the ungainly kid who makes the club 2nds because he is tall.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
I'm as big a Kumble fan as you can get but even I fail to see what was exciting about his bowling. Dernbach and Hauritz also very strange mentions
I think the kind of drift and dip that Hauritz got on a consistent basis was something I loved watching, same can be said about Swann although I missed mentioning him. Dernbach, because I like to see the range of variations he has, he gets hit because he lacks the basic bowling intelligence which is required for a pace bowler, but definitely has a lot of potential.

Last edited:

karan316

State Vice-Captain
A brainless bowler will never live up to his potential though.

Ishant and Sami are prime examples
Absolutely correct. Wonder what the bowling coaches do with such guys. Its ridiculous to see bowlers not getting the basics right for a sustained period.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
A brainless bowler will never live up to his potential though.

Ishant and Sami are prime examples
I don't think Ishant is brainless, he just isn't very talented. Yeah he's tall, but he's never shown great control/seam movement/swing/or pace.

He tends to bowl to a plan ok.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah look Ishant and Sami are/were horrible but Dernbach is another level of ****. He is brainless but he also is poor at executing what he wants to do.