• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TVS Challenger Trophy

V Reddy

International Debutant
The Indian Cricket Season starts from tomorrow 8D . Here are the teams and schedule. Sadagoppan Ramesh misses out:(. The new ones to watch out for are - Rayudu,Mishra ,Balaji ;) , Gambhir,Salvi,Pathan,Naidu. Akash Chopra ,an opener, is out due to injury.

India Seniors
Sourav Ganguly (capt), VVS Laxman, Hemang Badani, Ambati Rayudu, Sanjay Bangar, Parthiv Patel (wk), Amit Mishra, Murali Kartik, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, L Balaji, Reetinder Sodhi,Akash Chopra.

India A
Anil Kumble (capt), Sachin Tendulkar, Gautam Gambhir, Rohan Gavaskar, Mohammad Kaif, Wasim Jaffer, Sridharan Sriram, Ajay Ratra (wk), Irfan Pathan, Ajit Agarkar, Mithun Manhas, Ramesh Powar.

India B
Rahul Dravid (capt), Shiv Sunder Das, Satyajit Parab, Vijay Bharadwaj, Yuvraj Singh, Dinesh Mongia, Thilak Naidu (wk), Jai P Yadav, Aavishkar Salvi, Siddharth Trivedi, Sairaj Bahutule, Amit Bhandari, Sarandeep Singh.

Schedule
September 10 India Sr v India A
September 11 India Sr v India B
September 13 India A v India B
September 14 Final

Choora

State Regular
Its going to be interesting event, all three teams looks good to me. What's cool is that Indian seniors are blessed with a talented pacer in Balaji.

Who do you think will win it?

masterblaster

International Captain
India 'A' for me. With Tendulkar, Kumble, Agarkar and guys like Jaffer and Sriram, India 'A' has the edge in my books.

Also watch out for Siddarth Trivedi of India 'B', this guy has real talent. Another good young bowler waiting in the wings.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Agreed Mx. Balaji bowled a great 7 over spell. Was unlucky as he had Sachin bowled off a no-ball with a good inswinger. He is well on his way to a comeback

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Choora said:
What's cool is that Indian seniors are blessed with a talented pacer in Balaji.

Not sure if that was sarcasm or not.

Either way - 10-0-76-2

The legend lives on!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Choora

State Regular
marc71178 said:
Not sure if that was sarcasm or not.

Either way - 10-0-76-2

The legend lives on!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Not sure as to whose expensive figues were reported up there, last time i checked, Harmison wasn't playing , such figues are usually a trademark of Harmison. :lol:

Balaji took 5 wkts in the match and it cost him 50 runs, he nearly took a 6th wkt of TENDULKAR but unfortunately it was a no ball.Considering 6 bowlers were used and the only other successful bowler was Zaheer Khan with a single wkt, Balaji's effort are praise worthy!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Choora said:
Not sure as to whose expensive figues were reported up there, last time i checked, Harmison wasn't playing , such figues are usually a trademark of Harmison. :lol:
Except when Harmison came into the side nobody declared him to be a world beater and the best ever, so that sort of comment means nothing.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Ajit got 54 off 71 balls in fact, 7x4 and 1x6, and batted with the composure of a regular batsman, apparently. He then returned by far the best figures of the match and dismissed Rayudu by "setting him up by bowling consistently short and wide" - wish my bowling was described like that.

Balaji and Zaheer helped contribute 22 of the first 29 runs via extras...

And Harmison's last figures were 19.2-8-33-4.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Choora said:
For sure, they're too good for Shoaib.:P

Choora

State Regular
marc71178 said:
Except when Harmison came into the side nobody declared him to be a world beater and the best ever, so that sort of comment means nothing.

Neither was Balaji declared "best ever" (as being a damn good bowler doesn't mean best ever) so that comment surely means nothing!

Choora

State Regular
Neil Pickup said:

And Harmison's last figures were 19.2-8-33-4.

So he finally got 4 wkts, someone finally made him realise that he was suppose to target the opposition rather than his own team mates at net practice :lol:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Choora said:
Neither was Balaji declared "best ever" (as being a damn good bowler doesn't mean best ever) so that comment surely means nothing!
Well - this is what you put:

Fprget Ajit and the crowd, Watch out for Tamil Tiger

Indian selectors have finally decided to unleash the secret deadly weapon in "Lakshmipathy Balaji".The guy is a 21 year old genuine fast bowler who has done extremely well in domestic cricket.Now the guy is all set to shine at international level and give Indian cricket team the lean mean aggressive look.

So guys look out for Nov the 15th, Balaji is the guy that is gonna give the Indian bowling attack a new deadly look!

Now, has anyone come close to putting anything like that about Harmison, I don't think so!

Oh, and the comment you made about add Balaji and a fit SRT to the Indian team and they would be the best in the world sort of implies he's a world beater.