• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TVS Challenger Trophy

Choora

State Regular
LOL! what a deperate attempt but all in waste!

If an inclusion of a couple of players make a team the best it doesn't mean that the player happen to be the best ever in the history of game.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Choora said:

If an inclusion of a couple of players make a team the best it doesn't mean that the player happen to be the best ever in the history of game.
Okay, so perhaps your comments were slightly exaggerated. Surely you know the means....:rolleyes:

Mr Mxyzptlk

BTW, let it be known that my early comment of praise about Balaji was pure, uninhibited sarcasm with a slight spice of spite. :D

(Just in case anyone actually took me seriously for once...)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Choora said:

When you look at how far behind Australia the India team without those 2 were (and indeed are) - that implies these 2 are greats.

SRT is, but Balaji isn't (by a long chalk)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The Legend Continues

India A (315) beat India B (216) by 99 runs in the Final.

AB Agarkar 10-0-64-0 (6w)
AB Agarkar lbw b Kumble 1 (8m, 10b)

Pure Genius.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Now, has anyone come close to putting anything like that about Harmison, I don't think so!
No, we all knew he was crap from the word go...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
No, we all knew he was crap from the word go...
What a shame then that he's proving you wrong and is England's highest ranked bowler used this summer (even above Anderson)

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
What a shame then that he's proving you wrong and is England's highest ranked bowler used this summer (even above Anderson)
thats not saying much though is it?:lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
It would be nice if he was actually proving me wrong. I'm afraid 18 wickets in 6 Tests at 31 does not constitute proving me wrong. In fact they back me up, almost damningly when you remember 9 of them were taken in 2 Tests against a hapless Zimbabwe batting lineup.

Ok, so he's improving, but when your 1st full series ends up with you averaging 50 the only way is up...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Considering the people writing him off so often, it is, yes.
It usually happens when someone is given a free ride when he didn't give any reason for him to be selected in the 1st place...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
AB Agarkar 10-0-64-0 (6w)
AB Agarkar lbw b Kumble 1 (8m, 10b)
Still remains the worst inconsistent cricketer in cricket history who still gets the odd callup for his country.. Why arent ppl like neil given a chance then?:P

Choora

State Regular
marc71178 said:
When you look at how far behind Australia the India team without those 2 were (and indeed are) - that implies these 2 are greats.

SRT is, but Balaji isn't (by a long chalk)

So now you drag in Australian team into it, just to remind you, Harbhajan Singh played a crucial role in India's famous test victory over Australia, if one go by ur logic then Harbhajan Singh should be the best ever spinner in the history of the game !(though in reality he isn't even the best current offspinner )

Mr Mxyzptlk

Choora said:
Harbhajan Singh played a crucial role in India's famous test victory over Australia, if one go by ur logic then Harbhajan Singh should be the best ever spinner in the history of the game !(though in reality he isn't even the best current offspinner )
That is utter nonsense because Harbhajan would not have had anywhere near that kind of success had the series been contested in Australia. Therefore I suggest you find a new example if you wish to disprove his logic.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Choora said:
So now you drag in Australian team into it
You were saying add just 2 players (SRT and Balaji) to the side of the time and they would be the best side in the World.

Now, since the best side in the World is undoubtedly Australia, how can I not bring them into the discussion?!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I reckon kambli is still good..! he deserves a chance back !

Look at his test avg i think its like 47 or something more !

V Reddy

International Debutant
Kambli is in the Mumbai team to play Rest Of India team from 18-22. Irani Trophy is supposed to be the season opener in which the last year Ranji Champions play the ROI team. Here are the teams.
Rest of India team:

Sourav Ganguly (captain)
Sanjay Bangar
Virender Sehwag
VVS Laxman
Rahul Dravid
Yuvraj Singh
Parthiv Patel
Zaheer Khan
L Balaji
Amit Bhandari
Harbhajan Singh
Anil Kumble
Murali Kartik
Rohan Gavaskar

Mumbai

Sachin Tendulkar (captain)
Wasim Jaffer
Vinayak Mane
Ni**** Shetty
Vinod Kambli
Bhavin Thakkar
Sairaj Bahutule
Vinayak Samant (wicketkeeper)
Ramesh Powar
Nilesh Kulkarni
Aavishkar Salvi
Ajit Agarkar
Robin Morris
Swapnil Hazare
Vinit Indulkar

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
i like kamblei, he had a lot of talent, too bad, he wasted it...
the first i saw him bat, he scored a double ton against england.