• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Monty Panesar v. Nathan Hauritz

Whoi will be the better Ashes spinner

• Total voters

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I think this is the first Ashes related poll so far. here goes. Who do you thing will take more wickets over the Ashes 2010-1011 tour.

stumpski

International Captain
Both to play at Sydney perhaps, or is it no longer such a Bunsen?

Hauritz will presumably take more wickets, doesn't make him the better bowler though. Monty took 100 Test wickets in pretty good time.

tooextracool

International Coach
The point of playing Panesar on a Bunsen along with Swann despite the fact that hes proven categorically to be rubbish on them belies logic if you ask me.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Could see both of them struggling to get a gig, actually. Judging by the sparing way he used him in the first test and the uber-defensive fields he set for him in the second (or allowed Hauritz to set for himself, if one's inclined to believe him and I'm frankly not) I don't much think Ponting fancies Doogie's bowling just now.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I voted for Panesar without reading the first post. Hauritz will take more wickets because he'll be playing a lot more games.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
patel is better than both
I'd say all three are equally crap. None of them have the ability to do the main job of a test spinner and be a consistent wicket-taking threat againts good batting sides on a turner/wearing 5th day wicket.

Jacknife

International Captain
If they played the same amount of games I'd say Panesar, but from a England point of view, I hope I don't see Monty, apart from bringing out the drinks.