• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Monty Panesar v. Nathan Hauritz

Whoi will be the better Ashes spinner

• Total voters

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
If they played the same amount of games I'd say Panesar, but from a England point of view, I hope I don't see Monty, apart from bringing out the drinks.
I have this strange theory that Monty will rout a local Aussie XI in a tour match and buy an additional 2 or 3 tests (aside form the Sydney test where he is the automatic 2nd spinner) on the back of that,whilst Hauritz will be limited to 2-3 wickets a test on the back of being the 'obvious' threat. Hence when all is said and done, Panesar might edge the wicket tally by 1 or 2.

Its an absurd theory dependant on 2 big ifs I know, but I cannot completely remove it from my mind :)

To complete the absurdity of my vote is that I suspect Michael Clarke can bowl better than people think, and he could mop up a few tails here and there, getting his overall Ashes wicket tally past Hauritz. Its highly unlikely I know, but not totally impossible