• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which discipline has the greatest importance ?

Which discipline has the greatest importance to team success

• Total voters

smash84

The Tiger King
Quite obviously the medium pacer.

Jesse Ryder to open the bowling for New Zealand.
Looks I will be the only one voting for captain. I have seen some very ordinary sides do very well because of excellent leadership. Richie Richardson (well his side was not ordinary but compared to the windies sides of 80s I think they were), Stephen Fleming, Daniel Vettori, Ranatunga (I am not sure the side was ordinary when he took over but I do think that he gave them a lot of self-belief), Imran Khan, Azharuddin.

smash84

The Tiger King
keeper. You hardly can win with a **** keeper.
yeah but you can also not win without a **** captain. Example M .Yousuf.

Example of **** keeper. Kamran Akmal. I seriously cannot recall a worst keeper at the international level.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah but you can also not win without a **** captain. Example M .Yousuf.

Example of **** keeper. Kamran Akmal. I seriously cannot recall a worst keeper at the international level.
I can bet my arse that Ashely de Silva would make Kamran look like Ian Healy

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Pal you just lost your arse :)...........

Who is Ashley De Silva?????? How can he be as bad as Akmal????
He was a SL keeper in early 90s. Played about 2 - 3 test matches and dropped twice much as that. Then he left a gun barrel straight ball coming at his middle stump from Kapil Dev.

Never seen such an atrocious keeper-batsman.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Geraint Jones in 2005, perhaps?

Also Prior, who has admittedly improved considerably, hasn't always been the most convincing with the gloves.
I would try to argue that both of those support my/Migara's line of argument - Geraint was one of the reasons that England team ultimately disintegrated and never fulfilled its promise, and that now, given that Prior is no longer a liability, it feels as if the side is potentially going places.