Cricket Player Manager
Page 513 of 513 FirstFirst ... 13413463503511512513
Results 7,681 to 7,692 of 7692

Thread: *Official* New Zealand in India 2010

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M0rphin3 View Post
    Nuff of the knee jerk reaction guys. Got a gut feeling that NZ's gonna thrash Pakistan in the upcoming ODI series tbh.
    Yeah i do actually think we will win this series. Home conditions have got to count for something.

International Vice-Captain Contra's Avatar
    That's not surprising actually. That series was really weird where most times the team batting second lost the match and horribly. The final had the flattest wicket and the only other time was when Sehwag played a controlled innings and prevented a collapse.

India still made the final of that series anyway, and yes, most teams batting 2nd struggled.

But that specific game that NZ won, it was still a great recovery from 3/28. Thought Styris was ridiculously good with the bat that day.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

International Debutant M0rphin3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5181 View Post
    Yeah i do actually think we will win this series. Home conditions have got to count for something.
    Quote Originally Posted by mudrunner View Post
    give 21yo smith a break. bradmans figures for his first few tests were comparable.....

Proud Supporter of: Shakib Al Hasan, Kane Williamson, Adam Milne

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    How strange to see us perform stronger in Tests than ODIs. Mind boggling considering we have a far better ODI lineup...

Ah well.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Banned
    The pressure may have got to New Zealand. After their commendable performance in the test series, people were obviously expecting them to give India a run for their money in the ODI series. New Zealand tend to perform close to their potential when expectations are low. That said, they really should not have lost 0-5. Even as an Indian supporter I felt sorry for them - they are arguably the most well-behaved team around, always gracious in defeat and humble in victory. I hope they have a full-strength squad for the World Cup; if they do, I expect them to do well.

Even my father switched away from this ODI series to the Ashes, when both ran together. Truly, a lot of Indian fans are quite disappointed by the one-sided nature of this series, especially since these players are quite popular in other countries.

They seem to lack that world class star performer which they often had to complete a balanced and practical team, the last being Fleming and Bond. Then again, without the recently-retired Bond and injured Ryder, they've had a rather good team, though they somehow couldn't get it all together like they used to. The bowling has been below-par, though they lost Tuffey in the middle, but they've had a very thin batting side that would fit Andy Caddick's description of them back in 2002- a bits-and-pieces side. What's hurt them most, in bowling, is that their top ODI bowlers, Vettori and Mills, have had a poor or dreadful series. It hurt even more that Ross Taylor wasn't scoring much. One huge positive, apart from the fielding, is that Franklin's getting runs. If only they can get him to bowl a lot more, so that they can fit in an extra, proper batsman, in place of someone like Elliot.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

Banned
    Grant Elliot is a proper batsman, isn't he ? Not sure if New Zealand have an adequate replacement for him; I would give him some more time. He hasn't made a bad account of himself in the little he has played thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post
    New Zealand tend to perform close to their potential when expectations are low.
    I don't agree with that. The NZ sporting public always has enormous expectations for its teams, and the Black Caps usually play tremendously well at home.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    I don't agree with that. The NZ sporting public always has enormous expectations for its teams, and the Black Caps usually play tremendously well at home.
    Well, I suppose you would know better as a New Zealand supporter. However, that is the impression I have had of New Zealand from watching them over the years. That is not to say they always bomb under pressure though, I just feel they tend to perform better when they are expected to go down without a fight.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    That may have been true a decade ago, but now people expect them to do well, and then say 'well we know they were going to lose' when we lose and 'what scrappy underdogs!' regardless when we win.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Thread Information