• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
India still made the final of that series anyway, and yes, most teams batting 2nd struggled.

But that specific game that NZ won, it was still a great recovery from 3/28. Thought Styris was ridiculously good with the bat that day.

Athlai

Not Terrible
How strange to see us perform stronger in Tests than ODIs. Mind boggling considering we have a far better ODI lineup...

Ah well.

Blaze 18

Banned
The pressure may have got to New Zealand. After their commendable performance in the test series, people were obviously expecting them to give India a run for their money in the ODI series. New Zealand tend to perform close to their potential when expectations are low. That said, they really should not have lost 0-5. Even as an Indian supporter I felt sorry for them - they are arguably the most well-behaved team around, always gracious in defeat and humble in victory. I hope they have a full-strength squad for the World Cup; if they do, I expect them to do well.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Even my father switched away from this ODI series to the Ashes, when both ran together. Truly, a lot of Indian fans are quite disappointed by the one-sided nature of this series, especially since these players are quite popular in other countries.

They seem to lack that world class star performer which they often had to complete a balanced and practical team, the last being Fleming and Bond. Then again, without the recently-retired Bond and injured Ryder, they've had a rather good team, though they somehow couldn't get it all together like they used to. The bowling has been below-par, though they lost Tuffey in the middle, but they've had a very thin batting side that would fit Andy Caddick's description of them back in 2002- a bits-and-pieces side. What's hurt them most, in bowling, is that their top ODI bowlers, Vettori and Mills, have had a poor or dreadful series. It hurt even more that Ross Taylor wasn't scoring much. One huge positive, apart from the fielding, is that Franklin's getting runs. If only they can get him to bowl a lot more, so that they can fit in an extra, proper batsman, in place of someone like Elliot.

Blaze 18

Banned
Grant Elliot is a proper batsman, isn't he ? Not sure if New Zealand have an adequate replacement for him; I would give him some more time. He hasn't made a bad account of himself in the little he has played thus far.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
New Zealand tend to perform close to their potential when expectations are low.
I don't agree with that. The NZ sporting public always has enormous expectations for its teams, and the Black Caps usually play tremendously well at home.

Blaze 18

Banned
I don't agree with that. The NZ sporting public always has enormous expectations for its teams, and the Black Caps usually play tremendously well at home.
Well, I suppose you would know better as a New Zealand supporter. However, that is the impression I have had of New Zealand from watching them over the years. That is not to say they always bomb under pressure though, I just feel they tend to perform better when they are expected to go down without a fight.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
That may have been true a decade ago, but now people expect them to do well, and then say 'well we know they were going to lose' when we lose and 'what scrappy underdogs!' regardless when we win.