• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What happened to Mishra? Is he still around the Indian set up?
Not in ODIs.

Is still the next spinner in line for the test team after Harbhajan and Ojha. Played in a winning match against Sri Lanka recently when Harbhajan was injured.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Keeping my fingers crossed till April 2...The Indian batting lineup (of Veeru, Sach, Gauti, Kohli, Raina, Captain Cool and Yusuf/Waterboy) can't afford not to win the Cup in the subcontinent...

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I woke up early this morning and saw India were batting 100/2 and I went hell yes lets see some action. Then one of the commentators goes "only 1 run to win".. I was like wtf

seriously good stuff. Yuvi looked good this match. Ashwin's been good as well.

Now for SA

Blaze 18

Banned
I just cannot understand New Zealand - I expected them to go down tamely in the test series, they didn't. I expected them to put up a fight in the ODI series, they didn't. Is their test team better than their ODI side ?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, India got hammered even worse than this in NZ a few months before WC '03 and then made it to the final, so perhaps all is not lost yet.

smash84

The Tiger King
Keeping my fingers crossed till April 2...The Indian batting lineup (of Veeru, Sach, Gauti, Kohli, Raina, Captain Cool and Yusuf/Waterboy) can't afford not to win the Cup in the subcontinent...
That is an awesome batting line-up.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Well, what a lovely surprise to get up this morning and see we were all out for 103 :dry:

Agree with the rest of you - this is close to the best group of ODI players we can put on the field at the moment and they've all done well in the past, so why not now?

We'll probably still do well in the home ODI series v Pakistan and it will provide the illusion that the team has recovered from this thrashing. But we're really going to struggle in the world cup - all jokes about going into the tournament as underdogs aside - I can't see how our fast bowlers are going to be effective in the subcontinent and I can't see how our batsmen are going to learn to play spin.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
We've been beaten by the very top and the very bottom, does this mean now we should be playing odi series against Ireland and Holland... just to make sure we havent finally gone off the rails..

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Taylor's dismissal last night only happened because he is out of form. That was poor shot selection.

I don't even know why mccullum played that shot. The ball was on off stump.

Mike5181

International Captain
The ODI series had nothing.
Tests were different story.
I don't know i think the positive test series hasn't changed the outlook of our future in tests. There is still questions over Macintosh, who fills the role of number three, who's the next wicketkeeper after the average performances of Hopkins, how our best batsmen Ryder will maintain his injury prone body so he can be a realistic long-term prospect, the aging bowlers like Martin, Arnel, Mckay none of which will be around in a couple of years.

The positives were there though, such as McCullum's ease in the openers position. The arrival of Kane Williamson and the consistent performances from Ryder.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Nuff of the knee jerk reaction guys. Got a gut feeling that NZ's gonna thrash Pakistan in the upcoming ODI series tbh.