• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Betfair paying 4.30 for 'any other batsman' to be NZ's highest run-scorer in the first innings. The batsmen they've quoted are McIntosh, Watling, Guptill, Taylor and McCullum. Guptill hilariously shorter priced than McIntosh and Watling despite not playing. But yeah, I'm on it - gooooo Ryder, Vettori, Williamson and Hopkins .. on Day 4.

fishyguy

U19 12th Man
Great the geniuses who run NZ cricket are playing the 36 year old Chris Martin who hasnt had any impact in ages. Really looking to build the future of NZ cricket on this guy. How long do you guys plan on keeping him till he's 40! And Jeetan Patel! This guy wouldnt get a chance in the 1st 11 of Croatia!

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Has anyone seen this article?

That was the ground in August. Yikes.

Edit: Or, what Flem said.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Betfair paying 4.30 for 'any other batsman' to be NZ's highest run-scorer in the first innings. The batsmen they've quoted are McIntosh, Watling, Guptill, Taylor and McCullum. Guptill hilariously shorter priced than McIntosh and Watling despite not playing. But yeah, I'm on it - gooooo Ryder, Vettori, Williamson and Hopkins .. on Day 4.
The more I think about this the better value it is. Ryder should be joint favourite with Taylor really, and he's not even shorter odds than Taylor when you combine him with Vettori, Hopkins, Patel and Williamson. Crazy odds. Loving it.

fishyguy

U19 12th Man
He adds balance to the side with his batting and fielding.
Well I can't argue with that. It takes a BIG man to admit when he's wrong and you've proved me wrong sir. you have proved me wrong. And my apologies those who run NZ cricket for having that kind of foresight which us common folk do not have. That is why they get paid the big bucks. Martin must play. I can see clearly now.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well I can't argue with that. It takes a BIG man to admit when he's wrong and you've proved me wrong sir. you have proved me wrong. And my apologies those who run NZ cricket for having that kind of foresight which us common folk do not have. That is why they get paid the big bucks. Martin must play. I can see clearly now.
Indeed. His Test batting average of 2 clearly proves his status as an allrounder, and the 12 catches he's taken in 56 Test matches illustrate how important he is in the field.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh man I'm feeling a little sorry for NZ right now. Of all teams to lose a toss in India it has to be them. Having said that there is every chance of India being 30/3 or so in the first 45 minutes. I mean we did get bowled out for 76 against SA and 32/4 against SL the last 2 times we battled first here.

Athlai

Not Terrible
:laugh:

but seriously, why Patel? He has a career average of over 40 and it's not like he's a decent bat either
To Jeets statistical defense he tends to only be bowled on flat lifeless wickets in Hamilton and Napier. He is a little better than his figures tend to suggest.

A little.

Shri

Mr. Glass
No one knows how this pitch is going to behave. Could be an awesome first hour today tbh.