• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

Flem274*

123/5
I think people are seeing the writing on the wall. Emotional high from 2-0 vs. Australia, NZ coming back from a really bad defeat. Perfect scenario for New Zealand victory.

I'll be really happy if India manage to be competitive.
**** you're a wuss. Do I need to list why you will smash us again?:p

-Tim McIntosh is a bunny unless he lasts 80 balls
-Brendon McCullum is overrated and opening
-BJ Watling can't play spin and came into the team off one good season is a NSW club standard competition
-Taylor is due a failure
-Ryder will injure himself bowling, get drunk, or both
-Vettori hasn't run through a side in forever
-Williamson is a youg bloke on debut with a history of being a slow starter when he goes up a level
-Hopkins bats on the flattest domestic pitch in the country
-Patel is ****. He isn't even the fourth best spinner in the country. He'll get Hauritz'd
-Bennett is young and wayward and this is India, the fast bowlers graveyard
-The last time Martin took a wicket there were palm trees in Otago (about the Miocene)
-Guptill can't play off the back foot, construct an innings, or control his attacking instincts
-Arnel never gets picked
-Southee is only a matchwinner when it's swinging.
-we just lost to Bangladesh
-We can't play spin
-We are New Zealand

Athlai

Not Terrible
**** you're a wuss. Do I need to list why you will smash us again?:p

-Tim McIntosh is a bunny unless he lasts 80 balls
-Brendon McCullum is overrated and opening
-BJ Watling can't play spin and came into the team off one good season is a NSW club standard competition
-Taylor is due a failure
-Ryder will injure himself bowling, get drunk, or both
-Vettori hasn't run through a side in forever
-Williamson is a youg bloke on debut with a history of being a slow starter when he goes up a level
-Hopkins bats on the flattest domestic pitch in the country
-Patel is ****. He isn't even the fourth best spinner in the country. He'll get Hauritz'd
-Bennett is young and wayward and this is India, the fast bowlers graveyard
-The last time Martin took a wicket there were palm trees in Otago (about the Miocene)
-Guptill can't play off the back foot, construct an innings, or control his attacking instincts
-Arnel never gets picked
-Southee is only a matchwinner when it's swinging.
-we just lost to Bangladesh
-We can't play spin
-We are New Zealand
gagfc

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
NZ team for me

Ryder
Mcintosh
Guptill
Taylor
Williamson
Watling
McCullum
Vettori
Southee
Bennett
Arnel

Heres the deal NZ need to forget about Chris martin. Its sad that he's even in the squad. he's 36 years old for Christ's sake. TBH I dont know if Mcintosh or BJ Watling are any good at all but i see them being thrown into this team time and time again. NZ fast bowling stock is slim and they need to start trying to develop Southee and Bennett cuz otherwise who else is the future. I really hope NZ win the toss and bat because if India bats as much as I hate to say it NZ will struggle big time.
Most here seem to agree with your bowling attack, however..

1. Watling is an opener; Ryder is not. Don't know why you've got them where you've got them.
2. McCullum has given up keeping in Tests, so you're going to need to pick Hopkins or Young or another keeper.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Reckon Bennett won't bowl spells much longer than 4 overs anyway.
Which makes the decision to only play two quicks even stranger. If India win the toss, Jesse Ryder could well be bowling inside the first ten overs of the Test. Now I think Ryder's an under-rated bowler but that's crazy.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Which makes the decision to only play two quicks even stranger. If India win the toss, Jesse Ryder could well be bowling inside the first ten overs of the Test. Now I think Ryder's an under-rated bowler but that's crazy.
Yeah I agree totally, the only way we should be bowling two quicks is if we have Franklin or Oram in the team. And if we do for whatever reason without them they need to be guys who can actually bowl decent spells.

Ah well maybe the selectors know something we don't, maybe Bennett has been a god in the nets.

Flem274*

123/5
Lets just hope we're all proven wrong eh?

They could come out with something like:

McIntosh
McCullum
Williamson
Taylor
Ryder
Vettori
Hopguns
Patel
Southee
Bennett
Martin

EDIT: Still don't like it, but it's better than the likely team

Last edited:

Howsie

International Captain
Tim McIntosh is a bunny unless he lasts 80 balls
Tim McIntosh is a bunny unless the pitch is as flat as heck - any hint of early movement and he's done.

Christ what's with all the backing of New Zealand's poorer players lately? :p

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member

McIntosh
McCullum
Williamson
Taylor
Ryder
Vettori
Hopguns
Patel
Southee
Bennett
Martin

Swap Williamson and Ryder around and you've probably got something there, though I think it's still too light on batting.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

McIntosh
McCullum
Williamson
Taylor
Ryder
Vettori
Hopguns
Patel
Southee
Bennett
Martin

Greatbatch came out ages ago and said that Guptill or Williamson would bat six, so unless Vettori bats in the top five then it'll just be four bowlers.

fishyguy

U19 12th Man
Most here seem to agree with your bowling attack, however..

1. Watling is an opener; Ryder is not. Don't know why you've got them where you've got them.
2. McCullum has given up keeping in Tests, so you're going to need to pick Hopkins or Young or another keeper.
Well that sucks. NZ can't afford to have a McCullum who dosen't keep. He aint no Adam Gilchrist, Brad Haddin. Jesus pretty much every international keeper is a better batsman than him. Although in NZ he can actually afford to play simply as a batsman. Why dosent Kyle Mills play test?

AaronK

State Regular
I have a feeling that this is going to be a tough tour for NZ.. so I give India edge as they have been playing good cricket for a while now