• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
His last few First Class seasons have been pretty good to be fair. Much better than his overall record.
No doubts about that. Since his breakthrough match in the final of the 07/08 state championship (where he took 7/50 in the first innings), I think he's averaged about 26. Just saying that he shouldn't be making his debut in India against possibly the greatest batting lineup of all time.

Flem274*

123/5
Dileep Premachandran: Expect the expected when New Zealand tour India | Opinion | Cricinfo Magazine | Cricinfo.com

That article is so weird, along with the comments. The writer says NZ have never competed with India at home before bringing up several examples of when we have. I agree with him we're screwed but what a strange way to go about his point.

Then there's the comments. Gone (so far) are the people who write off the touring side and pump up India, this lot are sounding respectful. Wtf.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I think people are seeing the writing on the wall. Emotional high from 2-0 vs. Australia, NZ coming back from a really bad defeat. Perfect scenario for New Zealand victory.

I'll be really happy if India manage to be competitive.

Howsie

International Captain
Patel...PATEL???? What's the point? He's going to get slaughtered. If Patel is a better bowler than Southee or Arnel, I'll eat my hat.

If we bowl first, who bowls first change? Ryder? Hand the new ball to the spinners? Ludicrous!
Haha yeah, I was thinking about this today too. If Sehwag was to get after one of Bennett or Martin early then what? Ryder bowling inside 10 overs? One of the spinners coming on inside 30 minutes of the test? Such a joke, the people who came up with this XI deserve to be shot.

fishyguy

U19 12th Man
NZ team for me

Ryder
Mcintosh
Guptill
Taylor
Williamson
Watling
McCullum
Vettori
Southee
Bennett
Arnel

Heres the deal NZ need to forget about Chris martin. Its sad that he's even in the squad. he's 36 years old for Christ's sake. TBH I dont know if Mcintosh or BJ Watling are any good at all but i see them being thrown into this team time and time again. NZ fast bowling stock is slim and they need to start trying to develop Southee and Bennett cuz otherwise who else is the future. I really hope NZ win the toss and bat because if India bats as much as I hate to say it NZ will struggle big time.