• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Think he will make it as the #4 and Yuvi might drop down to 5. I won't be too averse to seeing Kohli at 5 and Yuvi at 4 either.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Tendulkar - in form
Sehwag - in form
Gambhir - getting there
Dhoni - out of touch
Yuvraj - out of touch
Kohli - in form
Raina - fluctuates

Just need Dhoni and Yuvraj to hit form and continue for a while now for the ODI side to go from decent to above average. The bowling is still a worry but things looking bright for the WC.:D

Checkmate

School Boy/Girl Captain
If Sehwag/Yuvi/Raina can get through ten overs, Pathan wouldn't be needed and this could be the first XI

Sachin
Sehwag
Gambhir
Yuvraj
Kohli
Dhoni
Raina
Bhajji
Zaheer
Nehra
Ashwin/Sree/Patel

But that's too risky probably...

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
If Sehwag/Yuvi/Raina can get through ten overs, Pathan wouldn't be needed and this could be the first XI

Sachin
Sehwag
Gambhir
Yuvraj
Kohli
Dhoni
Raina
Bhajji
Zaheer
Nehra
Ashwin/Sree/Patel

But that's too risky probably...
I'd switch Kohli with Yuvi in the order and it's a fine line up.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Tendulkar - in form
Sehwag - in form
Gambhir - getting there
Dhoni - out of touch
Yuvraj - out of touch
Kohli - in form
Raina - fluctuates

Just need Dhoni and Yuvraj to hit form and continue for a while now for the ODI side to go from decent to above average. The bowling is still a worry but things looking bright for the WC.:D
Raina, Gambhir etc are good (didn't gambhir do well in the Asia cup?), Yuvi is so-so and Dhoni is out of form. Rest all are in superb form.I'd be surprised if India doesn't win it, tbh.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Raina, Gambhir etc are good (didn't gambhir do well in the Asia cup?), Yuvi is so-so and Dhoni is out of form. Rest all are in superb form.I'd be surprised if India doesn't win it, tbh.
Our bowling is pretty meh compared to other sides. That and the lack of a proper all rounder are the only problems.

Blaze 18

Banned
Tendulkar - in form
Sehwag - in form
Gambhir - getting there
Dhoni - out of touch
Yuvraj - out of touch
Kohli - in form
Raina - fluctuates

Yuvraj Singh seems to be finding his touch which is very good news for India. MS Dhoni is out of form ? Wasn't he the only Indian batsman who performed in the Sri Lankan tri-series final recently ?

I agree with the rest, although it must be noted that Sachin Tendulkar last played an ODI nine months ago!

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Don't see how NZ can even hope for a good run in the WC provided this bowling performance. Yes you are playing a top side..but still this is too dire.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Our bowling is pretty meh compared to other sides. That and the lack of a proper all rounder are the only problems.
Which are those sides with such great bowling attack? And even if so, any attack will look pretty poor in subcontinent IMO. The only exceptions might be Pak & SL. And that doesn't matter anyways with such a gun batting lineup.

Last edited:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Which are those sides with such great bowling attack? And even if so, any attack will look pretty poor in subcontinent IMO. The only exceptions might be Pak & SL. And that doesn't matter anyways with such a gun batting lineup.
Maybe not great but definitely better than the Indian bowlers. England have a pretty well rounded bowling attack and Swann is gonna be vital for them. You can never really rule the Aussies out, not matter how ****ty they've been doing over the last 7-8 months. SA have some fire power (although Steyn isn't as good in ODI's as he is in tests) and Botha can be hard to get away. And SL probably have the best set of bowlers, Malinga / Murli / Randiv / Mathews / Kulasekera. Our bowlers can bowl well but they can let that hard work go to waste during the death. That ODI against the Aussies is a prime example. We bowled well for 45 overs and gave it away in the next 5.

We're a good chance no doubt. But we need to field our best side for most of the tournament to really reach the semi's. I just don't have enough faith in our replacement guys (Yusuf / Jadeja / Rohit useless sharma) when say a Tendulkar or Sehwag get injured or are rested in a match.

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
Tendulkar - in form
Sehwag - in form
Gambhir - getting there
Dhoni - out of touch
Yuvraj - out of touch
Kohli - in form
Raina - fluctuates
If 6 of these 7 does their job then I'd love to have Yusuf Pathan at No.7 instead of having Ravinder Jadeja.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SL will have a very good bowling attack if Malinga can stay fit and Murali can find his best form.

Flem274*

123/5
Can't believe I'm saying this, but after this, Bangladesh, and ****ing Zimbabwe beating Bangladesh, I'm starting to have more confidence in the NZ test side than the ODI side. Substitute Millsy's bowling record from ODIs to tests and it's a no contest.

Blocky

Banned
The side is just prone to very stupid cricket in my view. Taylor with his slog sweeps, the bowlers who can't find a consistent line and length, the field placements.

NZ used to be strong in the ODI stuff because they had 11 players who all contributed bits and pieces to victory. Then they had Bond and got used to not having to do that, now they're hopeless.

Flem274*

123/5
NZ used to be good in ODIs because they had good players. They now suck because they can't force the pace in the subcontinent with the bat and have two world class bowlers but little else.

Blocky

Banned
NZ has statistically better players than it's had in a long time in ODI cricket. The problem is that they're all stupid and do not work together and do not fire together. They're under a captain who seems clueless and they don't have the same sharpness to their fielding or discipline to their bowling that they used to have.

It's not the players, it's the strategy or lack there of, of the players.

Mike5181

International Captain
It is looking bad for us now, how many games have we lost in ODIs now since our last win?

The only way we could compete at the world cup is if magically we had a fully fit squad and played out of our skins. Bowling looks really weak, Hopkins, N McCullum cant really be our 7 and 8 are they?

Team needs to be for the world cup

1.McCullum 2.Ryder 3.Guptill 4. Taylor 5.Williamson 6.Styris 7.Oram 8.Vettori 9.Franklin 10.Mills 11.Mckay/Tuffey

We need to go back to our old formula where players could do bits and pieces and contribute to team more like it was in the day of Astle, Cairns, Harris etc.

Flem274*

123/5
We need to go back to our old formula where players could do bits and pieces and contribute to team more like it was in the day of Astle, Cairns, Harris etc.
Did you just call those three bits and pieces players?

Jesus Christ.

And no, we should not reel out a team of bits and pieces. Weren't you just complaining about Nathan McCullum? He is a bits and pieces player.

Blocky

Banned
I think we need to say "Thanks but no thanks, Dan..." in regards to his captaincy. This is the worse sustained period for the Black Caps since the mid 90s. We spent the late 90s and early 00's performing capably. We now have a team that with the exception of Cairns and Bond, has players who are apparently better than those that came before them yet we can't get the job done.

That comes down to the strategy. They've already fired one coach, when are they going to start looking at the captain?