• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Our top three can't play spin. There's only so many runs Taylor, Ryder and Vettori can score.
They can score enough to draw a game or two, which is exactly what happened when we toured NZ early 09

NZ isn't as good at playing spin as SA or Aus which probably helps our spinners a bit ( because honestly our spinners haven't been anything special this year). And with McCullum at the top you never know, it could be 50/0 in about 10 overs.

Flem274*

123/5
Even if Taylor, Ryder, Vettori produce hundreds, Sehwag and Tendulkar (not to mention the rest of them) should knock it off without much trouble at home on a Napier-esque pitch.

Howsie

International Captain
Thought he was moving down for the sake of team balance?
Well if he was any good I doubt there would be much talk of pushing him down the order. If he was actually going on with his starts and playing with a little more consistancy then you wouldn't dare move him, no matter what state your lower order was in.

Flem274*

123/5
Well if he was any good I doubt there would be much talk of pushing him down the order. If he was actually going on with his starts and playing with a little more consistancy then you wouldn't dare move him, no matter what state your lower order was in.
Him and Ryder have a gun partnership at the top of the order tbh.

Ryder/McCullum Partnership

1069 @ 50.90
RR of 6.4

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Even if Taylor, Ryder, Vettori produce hundreds, Sehwag and Tendulkar (not to mention the rest of them) should knock it off without much trouble at home on a Napier-esque pitch.
But that didn't quite happen last time around did it? We had to bat out of our skins to save that test. Also knocking off runs is one thing. Getting into a winning position is another. Sehwag aside, I'm not sure how fast our battling line up would score when staring at about 500 runs. For me a 1-0 is nothing. It will only confirm the fact that we have a ****ty bowling attack. I want at least a 2-0 in this series. Also with Sehwag he is as likely to smash a 150+ as he is to get out for 20 odd with his approach ( doesn't matter if the pitch is flat or not) so while he is capable of matching others (or outdoing them) I wouldn't depend on him.

Howsie

International Captain
Him and Ryder have a gun partnership at the top of the order tbh.

Ryder/McCullum Partnership

1069 @ 50.90
RR of 6.4
No doubt. But it's a record that has come of 20 or so games, before the Bangladesh series they were averaging close to 60 together, for all we know when the world cup rolls around that average could of dropped under 40.

Jen Filip

Cricket Spectator
India is on no 1 position in the world test cricket and in previous series beat Australia by 2-0 and New Zealand lost last series by 4-0 from Bangladesh which is last in the list. So India take benefit of this positive support.
Very difficult to save any match for Newzealand against India.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
On cricinfo

It cannot be easy. Ryder says he is trying hard. "I have been off alcohol for probably the last 100 days. And I can see the results in the nets. I can see that my concentration levels and focus have increased. I have been so much clearer than what I would be if I were doing all those things. I have dealt with all the personal stuff. I have taken things in my head and dealt with them off the field. That's why I am back in the Test side now. I have been preparing hard. I am trying to be more professional, training harder, keeping away from all the bad habits that I used to get into."
Reading between the lines it sounds like it is all or nothing for alcohol and Ryder. I doubt that he can stay away from it entirely. I am sad to say that I give him 6 months at most with the team. He needs a sponsor and AA.

Flem274*

123/5
Not going to make a prediction on Ryder tbh. Anything could happen.

Wish it would hurry up and be test day. I don't care that we're going to lose, bring it on ****s.

lockton2skipper

U19 Debutant
it's quite simple get pissed when you aren't playing cricket. i never drink on a friday night before a saturday game. if you want to get smashed do it afterwards, nobrainer.

Flem274*

123/5
Put your negativity where it counts then.:p 1 month avatar bet that New Zealand will not win or draw the series?

If NZ win or draw, you can put whatever you like in my avatar for a month. Think of the possibilities...

Shri

Mr. Glass
He might as well kiss his career goodbye then. Should give him a guard of honor when he goes out to bat for the last time though. Legend.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Put your negativity where it counts then.:p 1 month avatar bet that New Zealand will not win or draw the series?

If NZ win or draw, you can put whatever you like in my avatar for a month. Think of the possibilities...
Deal. If NZ win or draw, I win.

BeeGee

International Captain
Deal. If NZ win or draw, I win.
Dude, that's the worst bet I've ever seen. There is zero chance of NZ winning and the only chance they have of drawing is if all three games are rained out.
Game over, man, game over.

Last edited: