• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Raaahuuul!

Class act. Excellent innings this.

Now make it a big one.

Last edited:

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
I'm almost starting to think this too, but you can't really be too hard on him for struggling in India. Best batting lineup in the world + perfect batting tracks + 35 degree heat is hard on anyone, especialy an inexperienced cricketer like Southee. I don't think he's done too badly given the circumstances. Whether or not he would be better served in domestic cricket is a matter of conjecture.
He's doesn't seem to have improved though. That's what is bugging me. I watch Martin and McKay and these guys seem to really strive to make something happen - Southee appears to be going through the motions, not really thinking where to place the ball, unable to bowl to a plan and leaks runs. Arnel would have been a better fit - at least if not taking wickets he can slow the scoring rate down.

Without doing the research (going on memory), when was the last time he made a decent contribution to a test innings? Has he ever performed consistently?

Flem274*

123/5
4/61 vs Aus two tests ago

Last test he picked up three scalps.

He's only 21. While I'm not as confident as some he's a complete gun, I do think he will develop into a decent test bowler and he is already too good for FC cricket, so sending him back there would be pointless.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
4/61 vs Aus two tests ago

Last test he picked up three scalps.

He's only 21. While I'm not as confident as some he's a complete gun, I do think he will develop into a decent test bowler and he is already too good for FC cricket, so sending him back there would be pointless.
Well if test cricket is proving too much for the guy how could he helped to improve? Playing in the English competition - would this be good for him?

In saying that - if he is the best bowler NZ have then he needs to play test cricket right.

angad

U19 12th Man
Rahul Dravid requires 88 runs to surpass Brian Lara for the number of Test cricket runs in cricket History.

DingDong

State Captain
honestly we have nothing to be angry about. we played way better than australia did in the first 2 games and if not for the injuries we probably would have won this game easy.

Meridio

International Regular
It's so depressing that we can dominate large chunks of games and yet lose the series basically on the back of one **** session. Reckon we'll lose this by an innings, and it's all anyone (particularly the talkback muppet crowd) will remember.

On a different note really dreading the "NZ scrapped hard, never gave up, worked together as a team but were eventually overwhelmed" articles that are going to be appearing on Cricinfo in the next few days.