• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

Shri

Mr. Glass
I find it hard to fathom that the difference between Nehra and Lillee is mostly due to something other than talent.
Haha, used to be the confidence boosting line around my place when we tried for state trials some time back. "If Nehra can play for India, any of us can!".

Flem274*

123/5
I find it hard to fathom that the difference between Nehra and Lillee is mostly due to something other than talent.
Bowlers are something I'm still undecided on wrt talent. What makes one bowler more naturally talented than another? Pace can be built, different deliveries can be learned etc I'm not sure on bowlers. I've been talking batsmen here.

BUT could you say, hand on heart, that Nehra is a test class bowler? I don't deny there is a huge gulf in talent between say, Mitchell Johnson and Lee Edwards (Wellington reserve bowler), but between Mitchell Johnson and Dale Steyn? Then it gets hard, because how do you separate their natural ability from the attributes they've gained with working on their game? Steyn is the better bowler, but on debut he was nothing special. Johnson now is better than Steyn then. He worked on his game and improved.

Johnson is pretty talented, but he's prone to losing the plot and has question marks over his mental attributes. He's improved as well though.

Howsie

International Captain
I wonder if Vettori will keep bowling himself this morning, he deserves five wickets but not at the expense of costing New Zealand the game. I can't remember the last time he bowled a 16 over spell - since taking over captaincy anyway.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I wonder if Vettori will keep bowling himself this morning, he deserves five wickets but not at the expense of costing New Zealand the game. I can't remember the last time he bowled a 16 over spell - since taking over captaincy anyway.
Southee should definitely open the bowling today.. so he can take the last wicket and win me money.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Cricinfo - An interesting statistic from Neo Cricket meanwhile. No No. 8 has scored centuries in back-to-back Test innings. The closes somebody came was a century and a 99, and that man is the opposition captain here, Daniel Vettori.

NZ! :@

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Rubbish start from Southee, but with this field he's getting from Vettori, its hard to be too critical of him.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Ahhh... Vettori opening with himself. Why not Martin? Much harder for a tail ender to play out a fast bowler...

Howsie

International Captain
Ross Taylor to step up and tell Vettori to piss off imo, he hasn't looked like getting Sreesanth out.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Vettori starting with a mid wicket, a point and a cover, and no one else inside the circle. And no one else inside the circle. This is just astonishing from Vettori, against a batsman first thing in the morning.