• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
So, Guptill's impressing so far then :dry:

What's it going to take to get him into form when he couldn't even score runs against Zimbabwe A? Even with another twenty runs in edges, a few more helpful umpiring decisions and a dropped catch or two I still wonder if he'd come right. Should be playing domestic cricket.
Good work Guptill, proved me wrong.

The correct answer was 'dismissed off a no ball, a dropped catch and half a dozen edges that didn't go to hand.' But he has definitely managed to make the most of it, which is more than I was expecting.

Howsie

International Captain
Does anyone have any idea when the last time was New Zealand's top seven all had at least one test 100 each? It must of been quite some years back.

Last edited:

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Dhoni's captaincy in these situations really, really annoys me.

I know he often makes a random bowling change which seems to miraculously bail them out, but still. It seems like he tries to bore set batsman into getting out.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Guptill has looked impressive.First real look at him in a test and got to say why was he dropped in the first place for the numpties they replaced him with?

Could be the answer at 3,yes he isn't brilliant but his record is good enough to add more solidity to the NZ batting with the strong middle order to follow.

Howsie

International Captain
Disappointing, I was actually enjoying that innings. He really should have come forward to that though.