• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
As much as it pains me to say, this is probably a bit harsh on patel. None of the spinners had particularly good games on that track, and if this one is to provide a bit more bounce and turn, it's likely to suit him more. Still probably our best option to go in with three seamers though.

Athlai

Not Terrible
As much as it pains me to say, this is probably a bit harsh on patel. None of the spinners had particularly good games on that track, and if this one is to provide a bit more bounce and turn, it's likely to suit him more. Still probably our best option to go in with three seamers though.
IMO with the team balance the way it is we we were always going to have to make a difficult decision one way or the other. And this is probably the best lineup we could have with the sum of the parts we have right now.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
OK, but how?
The ICC has been trying to improve the standard of umpires ever since the ICC has existed. It's not like the ICC are going to read Dhoni's comments and say, "Of course! We should improve the standard of umpiring! Gee, why didn't we think of that?".

What do you suggest should be done to improve the standard of umpiring, that isn't already being done?
Get a tennis like system for checking no-balls. This should improve the umpiring considerably as the umpires wouldn't have look down and then up all of a sudden.

BeeGee

International Captain
Get a tennis like system for checking no-balls. This should improve the umpiring considerably as the umpires wouldn't have look down and then up all of a sudden.
Great idea. :thumbsup: I think the more technology can take over from the umpires the better.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Pleased with the team for this test, though fairly meh about Guptill in for Watling. Guptill had better bat at 3 btw - none of this BS they've tried lately of turning him into a middle order batsman.

Par for the course is still that we get pummelled by India this match, which will inevitably lead to the slavering talkback hordes and media criticising selection. However I think the side selected here gives us the best chance.

Edit: Only reservation about this bowling attack is that Martin, Arnel and Southee will start to look too similar once the ball's a few overs old if there's not much swing or seam movement to be had.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If Guptill doesn't bat three I'll be seriously pissed off about him being selected ahead of Franklin. Not to mention all the middle order batsmen left back at home.

Howsie

International Captain
Pitch report by SMGavaskar on Neo Cricket: "Its a very hard pitch. There will be lot more carry than what we had in Ahmedabad. The seamers will like it on first day. There will be turn later of course but the batsmen should like the bounce and there will be lots of shots. The ball will move a bit. The outfield is superb."
:wub:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
So, should Vettori bowl first if he wins the toss? Asking for trouble in India but it does suit our bowling attack.

I think I'd prefer to see him bat first.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
How would this system work given that right now your foot cuts the line.

The only way I can think of it working - is if you make the bowler bowl behind the no ball line.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
So, should Vettori bowl first if he wins the toss? Asking for trouble in India but it does suit our bowling attack.

I think I'd prefer to see him bat first.
I think batting 4th against their spinners is a bad idea - so bat first if he wins the toss.