• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

BeeGee

International Captain
What does Dhoni think the UDRS was invented for? Um..... gee.... I don't know, maybe to improve the standard of umpiring, perhaps? 8-)

They (India) struggled with their referrals, getting only one of them right, while Sri Lanka successfully challenged 11 decisions.
:laugh: OK, now I understand the Indian resistance to the UDRS. Hilarious! If you don't know how to use something properly then just dismiss it. :lol:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dunno, just think it's wrong to argue against improving the overall quality of umpires.
UDRS doesn't improve the quality of umpiring, it just gives teams a chance to overturn a bad decision.
Improve the quality of umpires and then the number of bad decisions go down, regardless of UDRS.

BeeGee

International Captain
Dunno, just think it's wrong to argue against improving the overall quality of umpires.
UDRS doesn't improve the quality of umpiring, it just gives teams a chance to overturn a bad decision.
Improve the quality of umpires and then the number of bad decisions go down, regardless of UDRS.
OK, but how?
The ICC has been trying to improve the standard of umpires ever since the ICC has existed. It's not like the ICC are going to read Dhoni's comments and say, "Of course! We should improve the standard of umpiring! Gee, why didn't we think of that?".

What do you suggest should be done to improve the standard of umpiring, that isn't already being done?

Last edited:

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
Liking comments from Vettori and Greatbatch in the stuff article, they aren't just content with the first test and they say theres a lot they want to improve, hopefully they can do so

Woodster

International Captain
Was really impressed the way NZ competed in the first Test, but I do hope they don't just change Franklin for Bennett for the second Test. Got to look at bringing in another seamer for Patel aswell to offer greater balance to the attack.

Howsie

International Captain
Was really impressed the way NZ competed in the first Test, but I do hope they don't just change Franklin for Bennett for the second Test. Got to look at bringing in another seamer for Patel aswell to offer greater balance to the attack.
Black Caps opt for second test seam attack | Stuff.co.nz

Patel makes way for Northern Districts workhorse Brent Arnel, a 31-year-old who earns his third test cap to share the seam bowling duties with his provincial colleague Tim Southee, in for the injured Hamish Bennett, and new ball spearhead Chris Martin.

Woodster

International Captain
Cheers mate, makes sense. Haven't personally seen enough of BJ Watling to form an opinion on whether that particular change for Guptil is a good one or not.

The attack should have more control and give Vettori more reliable options, in theory, I'm not a big fan of Franklin, but I suppose you know what you're going to get, and they'll be praying for a bit of swing to assist both him and Southee.

Southee's a good selection, looking forward to seeing how he goes.