• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hamish Bennett - The next Shane Bond

irottev

U19 Cricketer
Wow. What a bowler. Just been watching NZ v Bangladesh and Bennett was the star IMO. He was unplayable at the death. Was a bit nervous in his first few overs but once he got the wicket he was all go. He attacks - sure, he went for a few runs but he'll get wickets. I can see him developing into the next Shane Bond. There's a lot of similarities. He's a little slower than Bond started out as but he could get a few extra KMs. He's only 23 so he has a long career ahead if he stays uninjured.

I can see him destroying some sides in the World Cup. Other teams should watch out! Finally NZ have found a spearhead to our attack with some speed and aggressive instinct.

irottev

U19 Cricketer
Think about it. Hadlee, Cairns, Bond.....Bennett. Canterbury is where good fast bowlers come from.

Flem274*

123/5
:laugh:at this thread.

He's likely to be more of a Shaun Tait than a Shane Bond imo. In ODIs at least.

And Adam Milne is still better.:ph34r:

irottev

U19 Cricketer
145kms. He's only 23 too. He might get faster. His action is a bit dodgy. Might be able to get more pace from it. Could cause injuries. Maybe he should do what Bond did and change his action. Except he should change it before all the stress fractures.

Flem274*

123/5
Hamish Bennett has changed his action considerably over the past couple of years, and he does/did get injured often.

I reckon he'd be 5kph faster at home.

irottev

U19 Cricketer
Good stuff. I reckon he should be selected for tests. Bowl him in short spells as a strike bowler. Would be better bowling Bennett for 4 overs and getting 1/30 than bowling Martin for 7 overs who'll get 0/30

Flem274*

123/5
I'm pretty sure one of Bennett, McKay or some random quick bowler will play in our next test tbh.

Sadly Martin will too when Tuffey and probably Arnel should be ahead of him.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Oh God. This is the kind of thread that Scaly spots on the forum and practically creams himself in excitement even before he opens it.