• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sachin Tendulkar Vs...

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
edit. Actually fanboys really annoy me - but this annoys me more -

It's the indirect fanboyism that really annoys the **** out of me. The poster that pretends not to be bias but its clear that his agenda in a particular thread is to put one player down in a quest to prop his favourite player up, although he may not specifically state it.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So i see ,the Bradman "Fanboys" are out in force and are not willing to accept any argument against him.:ph34r: So Dismissive.:happy::dry:
The difference here is Bradmans average is superior to Tendulkars by more than one third.

It's the equivalent of saying Graeme Wood is worthy of comparison as a test match batsman to Tendulkar.

The problem arises when fans of players, be it SRT, Ponting, Warne, Murali or whoever don't countenance that there's an alternative POV between players with similar records.

Matt79

Global Moderator
This is not a thread to discuss "what really annoys you [in other posters in CW]".

The good thing about CW is you get exposed to fans from around the world's different views, which often contrast strongly from those in your own country. If people can't handle that without railing against fanboyism, racism, ignorance, or colonialism, then they're better off going to one of the monocultural cricket sites. It can be confronting, but leaves you with a more rounded view.

Not sure whether this thread serves any useful purpose - if it's just going to be about criticizing groups of posters, it's going to be shut shortly.

Burgey

This is not a thread to discuss "what really annoys you [in other posters in CW]".

The good thing about CW is you get exposed to fans from around the world's different views, which often contrast strongly from those in your own country. If people can't handle that without railing against fanboyism, racism, ignorance, or colonialism, then they're better off going to one of the monocultural cricket sites. It can be confronting, but leaves you with a more rounded view.

Not sure whether this thread serves any useful purpose - if it's just going to be about criticizing groups of posters, it's going to be shut shortly.
It's precisely what the thread was started for though

smash84

The Tiger King
I think the point where it gets annoying is when Tendulkar is injected into every thread about everything to do with cricket. The Viv Richards thread is an example.

"Is Viv Richards Over-rated"..."Well, a quick statistical analysis of Tendulkar's efforts indicate that on February 13th, 1995 at 1:35pm he scored at a rate far superior to anything Viv ever managed"

"Who's better, Murali or Warne?"..."Actually, Sachin took 5/2 in under 11's bowling both off and leg-spin, making him better than both and possibly better than anyone who has ever lived"

"What are your thoughts on the burgeoning economic stability of China?"...."You've obviously overlooked the fact that Sachin is richer than the whole country, America are looking to export to him you know!?"

I think this might've calmed down somewhat now Sir Alex had left us (God Bless his departed soul).

I think you can take it as a given that most rationally-minded people from the cricketing countries around the world recognise he is a great batsman.

*NB: This post might contain elements of exaggeration.
This is the second time I am quoting this post. IMO this is the funniest post on CW. LOL....Can't stop laughing.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Yeah no doubt that Sachin then Lara then Ponting for me too. But such a massive gap between DB and Sachin. I'm no fan boy of DB or Sachin, but i'm a massive Ponting fan, and it saddens me to see him seemingly slipping away, as ive enjoyed his batting immensely over the years.

Dont know why comparison thread even exist, cant you just enjoy someone's batting without having to change the opinion of a few million people on the internet? What does it all matter?

Last edited:

Burgey

Yeah thread opened, shouldn't have responded, good point. Quite right. You should be a mod.