• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sachin Tendulkar Vs...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I can't close the thread.

If I could, every thread SS ever created would be closed, and every post he ever made would be deleted.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think the point where it gets annoying is when Tendulkar is injected into every thread about everything to do with cricket. The Viv Richards thread is an example.

"Is Viv Richards Over-rated"..."Well, a quick statistical analysis of Tendulkar's efforts indicate that on February 13th, 1995 at 1:35pm he scored at a rate far superior to anything Viv ever managed"

"Who's better, Murali or Warne?"..."Actually, Sachin took 5/2 in under 11's bowling both off and leg-spin, making him better than both and possibly better than anyone who has ever lived"

"What are your thoughts on the burgeoning economic stability of China?"...."You've obviously overlooked the fact that Sachin is richer than the whole country, America are looking to export to him you know!?"

I think this might've calmed down somewhat now Sir Alex had left us (God Bless his departed soul).

I think you can take it as a given that most rationally-minded people from the cricketing countries around the world recognise he is a great batsman.

*NB: This post might contain elements of exaggeration.

smash84

The Tiger King
I think the point where it gets annoying is when Tendulkar is injected into every thread about everything to do with cricket. The Viv Richards thread is an example.

"Is Viv Richards Over-rated"..."Well, a quick statistical analysis of Tendulkar's efforts indicate that on February 13th, 1995 at 1:35pm he scored at a rate far superior to anything Viv ever managed"

"Who's better, Murali or Warne?"..."Actually, Sachin took 5/2 in under 11's bowling both off and leg-spin, making him better than both and possibly better than anyone who has ever lived"

"What are your thoughts on the burgeoning economic stability of China?"...."You've obviously overlooked the fact that Sachin is richer than the whole country, America are looking to export to him you know
!?"
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

Slifer

International Captain

"What are your thoughts on the burgeoning economic stability of China?"...."You've obviously overlooked the fact that Sachin is richer than the whole country, America are looking to export to him you know!?"

I think this might've calmed down somewhat now Sir Alex had left us (God Bless his departed soul).

I think you can take it as a given that most rationally-minded people from the cricketing countries around the world recognise he is a great batsman.

LOLOLOLOL!!! top post that

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I dont think that's right in most cases. OTT sentiments of any kind are likely to bring an OTT response.
What i said is right in most cases currently.You can wish to ignore it at you convenience though,which i know you will.8-)
His record speaks for itself. There's nothing wrong with comparing players, even across eras where it's very difficult. The problem arises when people don't countenance that there should even be a difference of opinion.

The great irony in your post, as with the OP, is that SRT is almost universally revered the cricketing world over. I realize this thread is designed to have a shot at a lot of Australian and English fans, but what you need to remember (and which is largely forgotten by all and sundry) is that even through the acrimony of India's last tour of Australia, Tendulkar was basically given a valedictory tour. You may not choose to believe it, but it's true.
What does this have to be to do with Australian and English posters

Has anyone named someone ?
Even some Indian posters are guilty of what i said.

He was cheered onto and off the field every time he batted. His milestones were applauded without exception and the public flocked to see him. So when you create a thread which implicitly bags the **** out if supporters of other countries, do try to keep that in mind.

Then do me a favour and compare and contrast it with the reaction of Indian crowds to visiting players of similar stature in the game. All 15 of them who turn up to watch. You might then think a little differently.
:laugh:
What does the crowd reaction in Australia have to do with what people do on this forum?
I am commenting about posters on this forum ,not the crowd in Australia.

Besides Crowds in India have cheered the likes of Murali,Akram etc... more than ever in Australia even after a War between India and Pakistan.
At the same time Muralitharan and even Akram who are also all time greats got nasty receptions in Australia from the media too,not only the crowd. So much so Murali refused to tour Australia due to dirty abuses.

If you want to discuss something which is irrelevant to this thread then please start another thread . This is about the forum being overly critical about anyone who praises Sachin,posters registering specifically to bring Sachin up negatively in every debate,anyone who defends him being labelled a Fanboy etc...

Then you can sod off.
Who are you to tell me to Sod off?:wacko:

Yeah right some Burger King from the Internet.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ah ffs.

Come on guys. Would Sachin behave like you are behaving? No.

Always ask... "What would Sachin do?" before posting.

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer
Hang loose kid.....Tendulkar will stand above his peers for some time.....all "they" are doing is taking the mickey out of you...here' one for you Tendulkar vs Bradman. Then lets hear what you have to say.
No comparison between bradman and sachin,Bradman played medium pacers and with his technique in the mordern game he could have been exposed.:laugh:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What i said is right in most cases currently.You can wish to ignore it at you convenience though,which i know you will.8-)

What does this have to be to do with Australian and English posters

Has anyone named someone ?
Even some Indian posters are guilty of what i said.

:laugh:
What does the crowd reaction in Australia have to do with what people do on this forum?
I am commenting about posters on this forum ,not the crowd in Australia.

Besides Crowds in India have cheered the likes of Murali,Akram etc... more than ever in Australia even after a War between India and Pakistan.
At the same time Muralitharan and even Akram who are also all time greats got nasty receptions in Australia from the media too,not only the crowd. So much so Murali refused to tour Australia due to dirty abuses.

If you want to discuss something which is irrelevant to this thread then please start another thread . This is about the forum being overly critical about anyone who praises Sachin,posters registering specifically to bring Sachin up negatively in every debate,anyone who defends him being labelled a Fanboy etc...

Who are you to tell me to Sod off?:wacko:

Yeah right some Burger King from the Internet.
Well if it's ok for you to make a blanket call about what the forum as a whole thinks or reacts about blokes blowing virtual loads then it's all right for me to tell you to sod off, surely?

Ok mate?

But yeah I fully appreciate you weren't having a shot at anyone from anywhere in particular. Perhaps I didn't hear/ read everything properly [adopts post like Sachin approach].

To say anyone who says anything positive about Tendulkar gets called a fan boy here is flat out wrong. This thread is a massive over reaction to a complete non-issue.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No comparison between bradman and sachin,Bradman played medium pacers and with his technique in the mordern game he could have been exposed.:laugh:
This is either a complete piss take or exhibit A for the anti-fan boy brigade.

JBMAC

State Captain
The only thing you said above is that there is NO comparison between the two. Bradman would run rings around Tendulkar. You are obviously too young to appreciate this fact. What is Tendulkars Test average??? I don't know off the top of my head but Bradmans is 99.94. What would you know of his technique? You would not have seen him play!

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Well, it shouldnt need saying, but 99.94. Come on. Thats just insane. No grounds for any argument in my book. Even if my most hated player (Kallis) ended up with 99.94 I would give him absolute credit, unless everyone else was averaging in the 90's that is!!!! Thats what obviously seals the deal for me, how much better DB was compared to other players of his era.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pretty sure Cricket God was being sarcastic.

Well I hope he was being sarcastic.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
There's a bit of truth there tbh. I don't really get involved in Tendulkar threads anymore because people are way too dismissive and the 'Sachin fanboy' accusations come out (usually from the same brigade) pretty fast. And I no longer have the inclination to get into that type of argument anymore. To each his own though, and I think the trenchant positions (and I certainly fit the bill as well) that many of the more experienced members hold onto makes debating rather tiresome in CC. Same thing happens in OT of course, but there's more of a fun atmosphere than there is here, since the arguments are generally independent of nationality.

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer
The only thing you said above is that there is NO comparison between the two. Bradman would run rings around Tendulkar. You are obviously too young to appreciate this fact. What is Tendulkars Test average??? I don't know off the top of my head but Bradmans is 99.94. What would you know of his technique? You would not have seen him play!
These are the responses given to this question wordwide by fanboys,Personally
i would never compare players of different generations ,Its far too complicated.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
So i see ,the Bradman "Fanboys" are out in force and are not willing to accept any argument against him.:ph34r: So Dismissive.:happy::dry: