• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hussey wanted to leave CLT20 early - Cricket Aust told him he had to stay

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Aus v Ind 2010: Michael Hussey wanted to leave CLT20 early | Cricket News | India v Australia | Cricinfo.com

Obviously Bollinger's injury, and now Hussey's comments, bring this issue to the fore again.

If WA were in the final instead of Chennai, I imagine Hussey wouldn't have played, and would have been with the touring party.

For mine, you know your obligations before signing the contract with the Chennai Super Kings. If you want to be paid a ridiculous amount of money for not that much work, you're going to have to make sacrifices from time to time.

It obviously wasn't ideal for Australia (or India for that matter with Dhoni and Raina arriving late), but as far as I'm concerned, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Mitch Johnson is choosing to not sign with any IPL teams, and hence he's available to train and tour whenever he wants. But he's not being paid millions.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thank you Dhoni and CSK! :D

Finally something good emerges out of the IPL. :ph34r:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
IPL will get all the blame as usual, but people need to keep in mind that CA is a co-founder of the CLT20, and it is in their best interests that the best players play as many games as possible to make the tournament a financial success.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Well like it was said, if Dhoni and Raina can come late and be able to participate without much fuss then Hussey shouldn't be really making a big deal out of it...but there is a case for home advantage for them.

vcs

Dhoni was bad in this Test. Really bad. Hope he sorts it out pretty quickly.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Dhoni was bad in this Test. Really bad. Hope he sorts it out pretty quickly.
Yeah, and I think he knows it. His body language in the moments after India won the Test was very muted and not as demonstrative as the occasion would have demanded.

vcs

Yeah, and I think he knows it. His body language in the moments after India won the Test was very muted and not as demonstrative as the occasion would have demanded.
Not that something like that ever held Ganguly back. :p

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
He kept well though...that's tough in itself.

shankar

International Debutant
He generally reacts like that I think. Remember his reactions after the T20 WC final?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
He kept well though...that's tough in itself.
Not that you'd notice. Shelled a very catchable chance off Ojha when Watson was on 30-odd in the first innings.

Captained, batted and ran like a drain too.

Think Hussey should HTFU myself. If you're gonna willingingly suck Satan's **** it's a little late to moan you don't like the taste.

vcs

He certainly didn't keep well. Dropped two costly catches and let plenty of byes through to the spinners, as far as I can recollect.

EDIT : What Brumby said.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
IPL will get all the blame as usual, but people need to keep in mind that CA is a co-founder of the CLT20, and it is in their best interests that the best players play as many games as possible to make the tournament a financial success.
Ye basically. As i always say blame the broken ICC for this. It really is ridiculous that international players should have so little recovery time between series.

Both the IPL & Champions League cannot exist - one has to go.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Well Hussey possibly wouldn't have known his sacrifices when signing his contract as originally this indian v australia series didn't have any tests planned and the champions league dates wouldn't have been released when he signed his contract however many seasons ago or last year.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, this is at the crux of the issue. CA gets 25% of profits, need to give the tournament as much legitimacy as possible.

Look, I don't blame Hussey for being disappointed about it at all, I (think that I) remember that in the first IPL Australian players missed some of it due to preparation for their next tour, so I believe that there is some precedent there. But once you are in the finals, it's pretty hard as organisers to let players walk out.

R_D

International Debutant
Don't worry Hussey.... Not long before you will have a free schedule.

He's complaining about too much cricket bring played, than why Join IPL at all.

Burgey

Not that you'd notice. Shelled a very catchable chance off Ojha when Watson was on 30-odd in the first innings.

Captained, batted and ran like a drain too.

Think Hussey should HTFU myself. If you're gonna willingingly suck Satan's **** it's a little late to moan you don't like the taste.
Heh.

Worth a quote.

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer
Remember how he jumped up in the dressing room when we won the chennai test versus england,this time neo focussed on ishant,you do not expect him to jump up and down on the ground .