• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hussey wanted to leave CLT20 early - Cricket Aust told him he had to stay

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I'm trying to be good this year and not waste time reading rubbish, so I'll pass up your generous offer.
Interesting when you call it rubbish now, when in the same "IPL criticisms" thread a year ago, you basically made similar points to mine & agreed with what i said most of time, for eg:

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/1930172-post279.html

So presume now you are also calling all your POVs in that thread like that one rubbish?

Jono said:
NO! No!

Do not make this thread a ****ty argument about whether the IPL is a domestic tournament, or whether it should remove the international player restrictions and all that other rubbish.

This is about player contracts and them fulfilling their duties, and how it affects their international cricket.
It affects internaitonal cricket, since the CL shouldn't have existed ITFP. Cricket cannot handle two T20 leagues yearly outside the international calendar - thats is T20 overkill. T20overkill that will caused ridiculous scheduling between series, where:

- players like Bollinger & Hussey, Dhoni in the current test series

- AUS injury woes after the CL last year going into the ODI series in India

- India having 10 days between the IPL 09 & the 09 T20 WC.

One tournament either the IPL or CL shoudl exist, along with the T20 WC every 2 years.