• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pre-War Cricket Draft

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
Clarence Victor Grimmett for me I think.

Team Morbo's Disciples
10. Clarrie Grimmett

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Probably not the best player available, but the biggest difference between 1st and 2nd of his player type IMO :

Les Ames

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Is the first round draft order reversed for the second round? (i.e. do I get two selections in a row after Pasag's choice?)

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Ah, had I not been busy with some other threads, this one would have been an amazing experience!

Expect fredfertang to do extremely well in this one unless he starts listening to his heart rather than his brain at some stage :p

Last edited:

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
Is the first round draft order reversed for the second round? (i.e. do I get two selections in a row after Pasag's choice?)
Yes.

Round 1 Picks Updated
Blakus - WG Grace
Zaremba - SF Barnes
Fredfertang - Wally Hammond
Aussie - JJ Kotze
Himmanv - Bill O'Reilly
Michaelf7777777 - Jack Hobbs
Flyonthewall - Clarrie Grimmett
Marcuss - Les Ames
Pasag - Victor Trumper
Somerset - George Lohmann

Round 2 Picks
Somerset - KS Ranjitsinjhi
Pasag - Herbert Sutcliffe
Marcuss -
Flyonthewall -
Michaelf7777777 -
Himmanv -
Aussie -
Fredertang -
Zaremba -
Blakus -

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Have to say that I'm delighted with Aussie's pick - I'd never heard of Kotze before and this is part of the reason why I wanted to such a draft - so draftees such as myself and other non-draftees can learn more about some of the more obscure great pre-war cricketers. Great pick, Aussie. :)
Ye no prob. I'll keep selecting obscure players instead of the usual good ones if you wish.

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
Ye no prob. I'll keep selecting obscure players instead of the usual good ones if you wish.
That wasn't my point, I was more just saying that it was an interesting pick, I'm certainly not insisting that you should only pick obscure players lol. Although, saying that, you'll be forced to pick obscure players by the end of the draft. :)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
That wasn't my point, I was more just saying that it was an interesting pick, I'm certainly not insisting that you should only pick obscure players lol. Although, saying that, you'll be forced to pick obscure players by the end of the draft. :)
Ha. Ok cool.

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
Harold Larwood. One of England's finest-ever fast bowlers, amazed it's taken this long to get to him really considering how highly he's rated on here.

Team Morbo's Disciples
9. Harold Larwood
10. Clarrie Grimmett

Last edited:

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
Round 1 Picks
Blakus - WG Grace
Zaremba - SF Barnes
Fredfertang - Wally Hammond
Aussie - JJ Kotze
Himmanv - Bill O'Reilly
Michaelf7777777 - Jack Hobbs
Flyonthewall - Clarrie Grimmett
Marcuss - Les Ames
Pasag - Victor Trumper
Somerset - George Lohmann

Round 2 Picks
Somerset - KS Ranjitsinjhi
Pasag - Herbert Sutcliffe
Marcuss - Aubrey Faulkner
Flyonthewall - Harold Larwood
Michaelf7777777 - George Headley
Himmanv - Fred Spofforth
Aussie - Charles Macartney
Fredfertang -
Zaremba -
Blakus -

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
OK here's the first eleven picked. Quite a team. A slightly long tail maybe but perhaps we could include Sutcliffe as 12th man.

WG Grace
Hobbs
Trumper
Hammond (c)
Ranji
Ames (w)
Lohmann
Grimmett
O'Reilly
Barnes
Kotze

Any cricket lover would pay serious amounts of money to watch this team in action.