I've decided to change my view on several young players in NZ:
* Peter Fulton - as soon as I saw him bat, I knew he was the exact replica of Mark Waugh Whether he has the ability to score the runs like M.Waugh does is another matter.
* Michael Papps - I first thought that he was too in-consistent, but he scored another big century the other day to prove me wrong. Can also wicket-keep, so he may eventually end up challenging McCullum for the gloves.
* Tim McIntosh -opening bat who can score huge centuries like Richardson & Sinclair, but like Sinclair is far too inconsistent at this stage to be considered for international duty.
* Rob Nicol - played for the NZ U19's this year & has already proved that he could be NZ's next Harris, two centuries & 12 wickets as an off-spinner in 4 first class matches. Has probably proved to the selectors that McCullum was better off playing first class rather than internationals.
* Wade Cornelius - Pretty lively fast medium bowler who has taken a truck load of wickets this season, something like 35 at an avg of 24 & a strike rate of 50.
* Gareth Shaw - about the same speed as Franklin or Drum, has taken 14 wickets at an avg of 16 and a strike-rate of 33.
* Jordan Sheed - played for the NZ U19's this season and has scored some good runs for Otago at first class level.
Then there's Oram, Adams, Mills & Franklin who have played Intl cricket but are still pretty young.