• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand rookies

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I've decided to change my view on several young players in NZ:

* Peter Fulton - as soon as I saw him bat, I knew he was the exact replica of Mark Waugh Whether he has the ability to score the runs like M.Waugh does is another matter.

* Michael Papps - I first thought that he was too in-consistent, but he scored another big century the other day to prove me wrong. Can also wicket-keep, so he may eventually end up challenging McCullum for the gloves.

* Tim McIntosh -opening bat who can score huge centuries like Richardson & Sinclair, but like Sinclair is far too inconsistent at this stage to be considered for international duty.

* Rob Nicol - played for the NZ U19's this year & has already proved that he could be NZ's next Harris, two centuries & 12 wickets as an off-spinner in 4 first class matches. Has probably proved to the selectors that McCullum was better off playing first class rather than internationals.

* Wade Cornelius - Pretty lively fast medium bowler who has taken a truck load of wickets this season, something like 35 at an avg of 24 & a strike rate of 50.

* Gareth Shaw - about the same speed as Franklin or Drum, has taken 14 wickets at an avg of 16 and a strike-rate of 33.

* Jordan Sheed - played for the NZ U19's this season and has scored some good runs for Otago at first class level.

Then there's Oram, Adams, Mills & Franklin who have played Intl cricket but are still pretty young.

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
i would put Michael Bates in there two. A good friend of mine and was in the under 19's taking the first 4 wickets in the first match.

i faced him once, he was injured and bowling from where the ump was standing and first ball smack in the leg and i had a bruise within minutes the size of a soccer ball!! extremely fast man and was voted top in Auckland for the Aucklands pace bowling academy

Kimbo

International Debutant
Butler?
Who the ****?
That was our response... he played about 3 first class games performing poorly before getting called up. He couldn't make it into the starting 11 for Northern Districts!
But I think he should be permanent 12th, its good to see a guy called Butler carrying the drinks.

Jordan Sheed definitely looks a good player.