• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Ranks Top 25 Batsmen of All Time (Version 2010)

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
It has been a long time since Adharcric conducted this fantastic exercise. Now with the changed demographics of CW, I guess it will be a good idea to re-do it. My suggestion will be not to have a look at the earlier one, since that might cloud our judgment in some cases.

This time there'll be a very small change in the procedure. As always, we'll be going from selecting rank 1 to all the way selecting rank 25. All the members will select their top 3 picks for each position. Pick 1 gets 3 points, pick 2 gets 2 points and pick 3 gets 1 point. Each position will get approximately 2 days of voting time (some slightly more and some slightly less, depending on when I get time for counting votes). After 2 days of voting, rank 1 will be selected. Then we'll move to rank 2, and so on. Any batsman who has played a First-Class match is eligible, like last time (and for the same reason).

As an example, I shall start by casting my 3 votes for rank 1.

1. Donald Bradman (3 points)
2. Jack Hobbs (2 points)
3. Garfield Sobers (1 point)

Looking forward to some meaningful cricket discussions in this thread, too - the CW way.

Last edited:

outbreak

First Class Debutant
1.Marcus North

bahaha couldn't help myself

I go

1. Bradman
2. Lara
3. Sobers

Last edited:

Teja.

Global Moderator
3- Donald Bradman
2- Sachin Tendulkar
1- Jack Hobbs

Don't see much point voting for no.1 tbh.