• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Left Handers Draft Thread

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
I've just come up with an idea (actually borrowed from another forum) for a draft made up of either left handed batsman or left handed bowlers. I'll make it a 12 round draft with the order reversing and a new random order being decided every two rounds. Here are therules regarding player eligibility.

1. To be eligible players need to have played test cricket and be either a left armed batsman or a left armed bowler.

2. LHB who bowl right arm are only allowed to bat in the top 6 or be 12th man in the completed team.

3. RHB who bowl left arm are only allowed to bat from 7-11 or be 12th man in the completed team

4. Wicketkeepers (Who will be defined as having made a stumping in first class cricket) only need to be a left handed batsman to be selected and can bat anywhere in the order as long as they are the designated keeper in the final XI.

Please sign up if interested

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Yeah sure. Will be a draft where we run out of greats very quickly and those are always interesting.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Count me in. Were you going to randomly select a starting order, then having everybody move down a place? If so, would suggest 11 would be a good number of players meaning everyone gets a chance to pick first in choosing one of their 11 (or 12 if you want a 12th man).

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Might be tricky towards the final few rounds of the draft but I'm always keen for these. :)

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
@zinzan - What i mean is that i set a draft order for round 1 say 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 but the order then reverses for round 2 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 before being reset for rounds 3 and 4 and so on and so forth.

So far we have 11 entries so I think we can get started, 12 hours before your pick is skipped and the next person on the list has a go. If another four or five people want to sign on, they can be tacked on to the end of the round 1 order

Anyway random.org has given the following round 1 order which reverses for round 2

Round 1

Blakus
Noble One
kingkallis
marc71178
fredfertang
Somerset
Himannv
Michaelf7777777
Cevno
zinzan12
Hurricane

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Would like to follow this thread and comment on the teams (as I'm already busy with my draft).

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Actually considering the smaller amount of eligible players I think 12 is about right so Shri tacks on to the bottom of the draft order, apologies to everyone who missed out

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Always nice to grab an early pick. Adam Gilchrist

The Noble Cack Handers

7. Adam Gilchrist WK (96 Tests, 5570 Runs @ 47.60, 379 Ctch, 37 Stmp)

kingkallis

International Coach
Well, there is no lefty quick who can out-perform Wasim hence my pick for Round 1 is Wasim Akram

8. Wasim Akram ( 104 tests, 2898 runs @ 22.64 / 414 wickets @ 23.62 )