• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Left Handers Draft Thread

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Oops completely forgot!!

Sorry for causing the delay .Pretty happy though that my first preference is still available.

Vinoo Mankad

kingkallis

International Coach
My Round 3 pick is South African pace man Brett Schultz

Lefties XI :

1. Graeme Smith [ c ]
8. Wasim Akram
11. Brett Schultz

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Such a shame thay Schultz had the body of an 80 year old. He was incredibly quick and awkward to face when Australia faced him in 1997. Good selection for the draft.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
I'm going for a better quick than most picked recently and am going for Jack Gregory as my next selection which means he has to bat in the top 6 but considering he averaged 37 with the bat, I don't think this is to much of a problem.

Charter 77 So Far

5. Andy Flower (+)
6. Jack Gregory
10. Bill Johnston

kingkallis

International Coach
Yeah, Schultz was pretty quick and he was the only bowler who could trouble Sri lankan players in Sri lanka.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Charlie Macartney - though unfortunately he batted right handed so I can't bat him higher than number seven.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I believe that gives me two turns therefore I'm going to select two remarkably underrated and statistically impressive Englishmen

Johnny Wardle
Eddie Paynter

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
Slightly mystified as to how Wardle lasted this long, given that infintely inferior spinners like Vettori have been selected ahead of him. He'd be revered if he played today - quite possibly our best spinner of the 50's (some feat, given that this was the same time as Laker) but was unlucky not to play more because he didn't always conform to the Yorkshire/England management's expectation. A bit of a forgotten hero of English Cricket really.

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Again restricted by the criteria but I'll go with Frank Worrell.

-
-
-
-
-
Sir Richard Hadlee
Sir Frank Worrell
Charlie Macartney
-
-
Bishan Bedi

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Drafted Players So Far

Round 1

Blakus - Garry Sobers
Noble One - Adam Gilchrist
kingkallis - Wasim Akram
marc71178 - Brian Lara
fredfertang - Graeme Pollock
Somerset - Richard Hadlee
Himannv - Kumar Sangakarra
Michaelf7777777 - Andy Flower
Cevno - Alan Davidson
zinzan12 - Matthew Hayden
Hurricane - Allan Border
Shri - Wilfred Rhodes

Round 2

Shri - Mitchell Johnson
Hurricane - David Gower
zinzan12 - Charlie Blythe
Cevno - Hedley Verity
Michaelf7777777 - Bill Johnston
Himannv - Derek Underwood
Somerset - Bishan Bedi
fredfertang - Neil Harvey
Marc71178 - Chaminda Vaas
kingkallis - Graeme Smith
Noble One - Trevor Goddard
Blakus - Bruce Reid

Round 3

Shri - JJ Ferris
Noble One - Mohammad Aamir
Blakus - Rod Marsh
Hurricane - Zaheer Khan
Cevno - Vinoo Mankad
Himannv - Bill Voce
zinzan12 - Daniel Vettori
kingkallis - Brett Schultz
Michaelf7777777 - Jack Gregory
marc71178 - Jacob Oram
Somerset - Charles Macartney
fredfertang - Johnny Wardle

Round 4

fredfertang - Eddie Paynter
Somerset - Frank Worrell
marc 71178
Michaelf7777777
kingkallis
zinzan 12
Himannv
cevno
Hurricane
Blakus
Noble One
Shri

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha! What a joke of a batting lineup
To be fair, Macartney batted at number eight or below in 9 of his 55 test match innings, so hes not completely out of place there. Hadlee only averaged 27 in test cricket though with such a heavy bowling workload I guess one part of his game would have to suffer - with (hopefully) better bowling support in my line-up who knows whether he would've averaged closer to the low-mid 30s then the high 20s in test cricket. And obviously I would've loved to have batted Worrell higher but hes a useful player to have at number seven isn't he? :happy:

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Marc's 12 hours is up so I'll complete my pace lineup with Ernie Toshack, the underated fourth seamer of the invincibles who was always very accurate and difficult to get away.

Charter 77 So Far

5. Andy Flower (+)
6. Jack Gregory
10. Bill Johnston
11. Ernie Toshack

kingkallis

International Coach
How come all you people's picks are underrated?

Nobody says that this is my pick - thats the best I could pick at this point of time but instead everyone says - this is my pick and he was underrates :p

rjshk

Cricket Spectator
Again restricted by the criteria but I'll go with Frank Worrell.

-
-
-
-
-
Sir Richard Hadlee
Sir Frank Worrell
Charlie Macartney
-
-
Bishan Bedi

i remm famous test match where don bradman batted at no 7 looking at this batting line up...in that particular test match o'reilly and fleetwood smith opened the batting....many be this line up has to do so....hmm i peeped into this discussion without even playing this game