• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Left Handers Draft Thread

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Changed my mind twice, I'll go with Sir Richard Hadlee and bat him at number six - would've prefered to have him bat around eight but I'd rather not pass up the opportunity to have him as a bowler.

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
Changed my mind twice, I'll go with Sir Richard Hadlee and bat him at number six - would've prefered to have him bat around eight but I'd rather not pass up the opportunity to have him as a bowler.
:laugh:

I did think of that option but then I was like - lemme go with Akram and if nobody think of it, I will pick Hadlee...good one Somerset!

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
I'll go with Andy Flower as finding a top quality keeper is probably the biggest challenge in this draft and Flower gives me that

Charter 77 So Far

Andy Flower (+)

@Flyonthewall, sorry but I think with player availability, 12 is enough, I'll have you down as a reserve though

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
I'll go with Andy Flower as finding a top quality keeper is probably the biggest challenge in this draft and Flower gives me that

Charter 77 So Far

Andy Flower (+)

@Flyonthewall, sorry but I think with player availability, 12 is enough, I'll have you down as a reserve though
:(. I was excited about doing it as well when I saw the thread this afternoon.

Ah well, thanks for putting me down as a reserve, I guess.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Drafted Players So Far

Round 1

Blakus - Garry Sobers
Noble One - Adam Gilchrist
kingkallis - Wasim Akram
marc71178 - Brian Lara
fredfertang - Graeme Pollock
Somerset - Richard Hadlee
Himannv - Kumar Sangakarra
Michaelf7777777 - Andy Flower
Cevno - Alan Davidson
zinzan12 - Matthew Hayden
Hurricane - Allan Border
Shri

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, beat me to Border, or is it my pick first?

Just kidding, not left with much so will take Matthew Hayden

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Yes Shri has 12 hours for a double pick before its back to Hurricane.

btw the first XI players picked would make a quite decent team in its own right although that is to be expected I suppose

Himannv

International Coach
One too many keepers I reckon. I suppose Flower and Sanga can play as batsmen. Not bad at all.

Matthew Hayden
Brian Lara
Kumar Sangakarra
Graeme Pollock
Allan Border
Andy Flower
Garry Sobers
Adam Gilchrist
Richard Hadlee
Alan Davidson
Wasim Akram